Zechariah 1-7, ERV
1. 6 The prophets were my servants. I used them to tell your ancestors about my _____. Your ancestors finally learned their lesson and said, 'The Lord All-Powerful did what he said he would do. He punished us for the way we lived and for all the evil things we did.' So they came back to God."
Zech 1:6 ERV
a. plans for the future
b. Son that I will send
c. laws and teachings
2. 11 Then the horses spoke to the Lord'S angel standing among the myrtle bushes and said, "We have walked here and there on the earth, and everything is ________."
Zechariah 1:11 ERV
a. calm and quiet
b. loud and noisy
c. sinful and full of abominations
3. 14 Then the angel told me to tell the people this: The Lord All-Powerful says: "I have a strong love for Jerusalem and Zion. 15 And I am very angry at the nations that feel so safe. I was only a little angry, and I used them to punish my people. But ____."
a. they did not punish them enough, so I will complete the punishment
b. they caused too much damage
c. they played with them instead
4. 16 So the Lord says, "I will come back to Jerusalem and ____ her." The Lord All-Powerful says, "Jerusalem will be rebuilt, and my house will be built there."
5. 18 Then I looked up and I saw four ____. 19 So I asked the angel who was talking with me, "What do these ____ mean?" He said, "These are the _____ that forced the people of Israel, Judah, and Jerusalem to go to foreign countries."
6. 20 The Lord showed me four _____. 21 I asked him, "What are these four _____ coming to do?" He said, "The horns represent the nations that attacked the people of Judah and forced them to go to foreign countries. The horns 'threw' the people of Judah to the foreign countries. The horns didn't show mercy to anyone. But these four _____ have come to frighten the horns and throw them away."
a. chosen men
7. Then I looked up and saw a man holding a rope for measuring things. 2 I asked him, "Where are you going?" He said to me, "I am going to measure Jerusalem, to see how wide and how long it is." 3 Then the angel who was speaking to me left, and another angel went out to talk to him. 4 He said to him,
Run and tell that young man this: 'Jerusalem will be a city _____, because there will be too many people and animals living there.'
a. with walls extremely far apart from each other
b. with expanding walls
c. without walls
8. 5 The Lord says, 'I will be a wall of ____ around her, to protect her, and to bring glory to that city, I will live there.'"
9. 12 The Lord will again choose Jerusalem to be his special city. Judah will be his share of the holy land. 13 Everyone, be quiet! The Lord is coming _____ his holy house.
a. to dwell in
c. out of
10. 9 Look, I put a special stone in front of Joshua. There are seven sides on that stone. I will carve a special message on it. This will show that ______, I will remove the guilt from this land."
a. on the day of judgment
b. on the day that Christ is resurrected
c. in one day
11. Now the seven ____ of the stone you saw represent the eyes of the Lord looking in every direction. They see everything on earth."
12. 11 Then I said to him, "I saw one olive tree on the right side of the lampstand and one on the left side. What do those two olive trees mean?" 12 I also said to him, "I saw two olive branches by the gold tubes with gold colored oil flowing from them. What do these things mean?" 13 Then the angel said to me, "Don't you know what these things mean?" I said, "No, sir." 14 So he said, "They represent the two ____ chosen to serve the Lord of the whole world."
13. 12 'There is a man called the Branch. He will grow strong, and he will build the Lord'S ____. 13 He will build the Lord'S ______,
and he will receive the honor. He will sit on his throne and be the ruler, and a priest will stand by his throne. These two men will work together in peace.'
a. Olive trees
14. 15 People living _____ will come and build the Lord'S Temple.
a. in Israel
b. in the Far East
c. far away
15. 3 They went to the prophets and to the priests at the Temple of the Lord All-Powerful. They asked them this question: "For many years we have shown our sadness for the destruction of the Temple. In the fifth month of each year, we have had a special time of __________. Should we continue to do this?"
a. crying and fasting
b. solemn worship
c. prayer and thanksgiving
16. 8 This is the Lord'S message to Zechariah: 9 "This is what the Lord All-Powerful said: 'You must do what is _________. You must be kind and show mercy to each other. 10 Don't hurt widows and orphans, strangers, or poor people. Don't even think of doing bad things to each other!'" 11 But they refused to listen and refused to do what he wanted. They closed their ears so that they could not hear what God said.
a. in the law
b. in the commandments
c. right and fair