Obadiah 1-Jonah 1-4, ERV
1. 15 "For the day of the Lord upon all the nations is near; As you have done, _____ shall be done to you; Your reprisal shall return upon your own head.
b. twice as much
c. three times as much
2. Now the word of the Lord came to Jonah the son of Amittai, saying, 2 "Arise, go to Nineveh, that great city, and _______; for their wickedness has come up before Me."
a. tell them to get ready to die
b. pray for forgiveness
c. cry out against it
3. 3 But Jonah arose to flee to Tarshish ____. He went down to Joppa, and found a ship going to Tarshish; so he paid the fare, and went down into it, to go with them to Tarshish ____.
a. in order to take a shortcut to Ninevah
b. from the presence of the Lord
c. in an effort to pretend he didn't hear God
4. 7 And they said to one another, "Come, let us _____, that we may know for whose cause this trouble has come upon us." So they ______, and the lot fell on Jonah.
a. cast lots
b. pray to God
c. ask everyone on the ship
5. 15 So they picked up Jonah and _______, and the sea ceased from its raging.
a. took him back to shore
b. sprinkled holy water on him
c. threw him into the sea
6. 17 Now the Lord had prepared a great fish to swallow Jonah. And Jonah was in the belly of the fish ____ days and ____ nights.
7. 6 I went down to the moorings of the mountains; The earth with its bars closed behind me forever; Yet You have brought up my life from the ____, O Lord, my God.
8. 10 So the Lord ______ the fish, and it vomited Jonah onto dry land.
a. showed a sign to
c. spoke to
9. 4 And Jonah began to enter the city on the first day's walk. Then he cried out and said, "Yet forty days, and Nineveh shall be ______!"
b. in a revival
10. 11 And should I not pity Nineveh, that great city, in which are more than one hundred and twenty thousand persons who cannot discern between their right hand and their left-and much _____?"
b. desire to gain knowledge