Joel 1-3, ERV
1. 8 Lament like a virgin girded with sackcloth for the husband of her youth. 9 The _______ have been cut off from the house of the Lord;
b. priestly garments
c. grain offering and the drink offering
2. 11 Be ashamed, you farmers, wail, you vinedressers, for the wheat and the barley; because the _______ of the field has perished.
3. 12 The vine has dried up, And the fig tree has withered; The pomegranate tree, The palm tree also, And the apple tree- All the trees of the field are withered; Surely ______ has withered away from the sons of men..
4. 15 Alas for the day! For the day of the ______ is at hand; It shall come as destruction from the Almighty. 16 Is not the food cut off before our eyes, Joy and gladness from the house of our God?
a. punishment for not obeying the Law
5. 28 "And it shall come to pass afterward That I will pour out My Spirit on all flesh; Your sons and your _______ shall prophesy, Your old men shall dream dreams, Your young men shall see visions.
6. 29 29 And also on _________ I will pour out My Spirit in those days.
a. bond and free
b. My menservants and on My maidservants
c. faithful and just
7. 30 "And I will show wonders in the heavens and in the earth: Blood and fire and pillars of smoke. 31 The sun shall be turned into darkness, And the moon into ______, Before the coming of the great and awesome day of the Lord.
8. 32 And it shall come to pass That whoever calls on the name of the Lord Shall be saved. For in Mount Zion and in Jerusalem there shall be deliverance, As the Lord has said, Among the ______ whom the Lord calls.
a. ones who are found worthy
b. ones who are found with wisdom