Haggai 1-2, ERV
1. 4 "You people think the right time has come for you to live in nice houses. You live in houses with beautiful wooden paneling on the walls, but the Lord's _____ is still in ruins.
c. body of believers
2. 6 You have planted many seeds, but you have gathered only a few _____.
c. saved people
3. 7 The Lord All-Powerful said, "Think about what you are doing. 8 Go up to the mountains, get the wood, and build the ______.
a. body of believers
4. 3 'How many of you people look at this Temple and try to compare it to the beautiful Temple that was destroyed? What do you think? Does this Temple seem _______ when you compare it with the first Temple?
Haggai 2:3, ERV
b. the same
c. like nothing
5. 4 But the Lord says, "Zerubbabel, don't be discouraged!" And the Lord says, "Joshua son of Jehozadak, you are the high priest. Don't be discouraged! And all you people who live in the land, don't be discouraged! _____, because I am with you." This is what the Lord All-Powerful said.
a. it will become more beautiful
b. it does not matter that it is not as beautiful
c. Continue this work
6. 5 "'I made ______ with you when you left Egypt, and I have kept my promise. My Spirit is with you, so don't be afraid!'
a. a tabernacle
b. an agreement
c. commandments, statutes, and rules
7. 6 This is what the Lord All-Powerful said, 'In just a little while, I will once again shake things up. I will shake heaven and earth, and I will shake the sea and the dry land. 7 I will shake up the nations, and they will come to you with wealth from every nation. And then I will fill this Temple with _______.'
b. a new agreement
8. 9 And the Lord All-Powerful said, 'This last Temple will be _______ the first one, and I will bring peace to this place.' Remember, this is what the Lord All-Powerful said."
a. different than
b. more beautiful than
c. hold more people than