Ezekiel 34-36, ERV
1. Ah, shepherds of Israel who have been feeding yourselves! Should not shepherds feed the sheep? 3 You eat the fat, you clothe yourselves with the wool, you slaughter the fat ones, but you do not ____ the sheep.
2. 4 The weak you have not ______.
b. cared about
3. * the sick you have not ______.
b. prayed for
4. the injured you have not _________.
a. bound up
b. looked at
5. * the strayed you have not ________.
a. kept out
b. brought back
c. talked about
6. ...the lost you have not __________.
7. * ...and with _______ you have ruled them
a. love and compassion
b. force and harshness
c. a false message
8. 5 So they were scattered, because there was no ______.
a. help to be found
b. truth to be found
9. I am against the shepherds, and I will require my sheep at their hand and put a stop to their _____. No longer shall the shepherds feed themselves. I will rescue my sheep from their mouths, that they may not be food for them.
a. false messages
b. careless attitudes
c. feeding the sheep
10. 11 "For thus says the Lord God: Behold, I, I _____ will search for my sheep and will seek them out.
a. will send new shepherds who
b. will send one reigning shepherd who
11.15 I myself will be the shepherd of my sheep, and I myself will make them _____, declares the Lord God.
a. have a desire to obey
b. be obedient
c. lie down
12. 25 "I will make with them a covenant of peace and banish wild beasts from the land, so that they may dwell securely in the ______ and sleep in the ______.
a. promised land/green pasture
c. synagogues/midst of my people
13.26 And I will make them and the places all around my hill a blessing, and I will send down the showers in their season; they shall be _____________.
b. without worries
c. showers of blessings
14. 27 And the trees of the field shall yield their fruit, and the earth shall yield its increase, and they shall be secure in their land. And they shall know that I am the Lord, when I break the bars of their yoke, and deliver them from the hand of those who _____ them.
a. falsely taught
c. didn't truly care for
15.22 "Therefore say to the house of Israel, Thus says the Lord God: It is not for your sake, O house of Israel, that I am about to act, but for the sake of my _____, which you have profaned among the nations to which you came.
a. obedient ones
b. self-righteous ones
c. holy name
16. 24 I will take you from the nations and gather you from all the countries and bring you into your own land. 25 I will sprinkle ______ on you, and you shall be clean from all your uncleannesses, and from all your idols I will cleanse you.
a. righteous blood
b. clean water
c. pure soap
17.26 And I will give you a ____ heart, and a ____ spirit I will put within you.
18. 35 And they will say, 'This land that was desolate has become like the _____.
a. land of Israel before it was destroyed
b. kingdom of heaven
c. garden of Eden