Daniel 7-9, ERV
1. 2 Daniel declared, "I saw in my vision by night, and behold, the four winds of heaven were stirring up the great sea. 3 And _________ great beasts came up out of the sea, different from one another.
2. 4 The first was like a lion and had __________.
a. a forked tongue
b. a rattling tail
c. eagles' wings
3. Then as I looked its wings were plucked off, and it was lifted up from the ground and made to stand on two feet like a man, and ________ was given to it.
a. the mind of a man
b. the eyes of a man
c. the mark of a man
4. 5 And behold, another beast, a second one, like a ______. It was raised up on one side. It had three ribs in its mouth between its teeth; and it was told, 'Arise, devour much flesh.'
5. 6 After this I looked, and behold, another, like a ________, with four wings of a bird on its back. ...
6. ... And the beast had four heads, and ________ was given to it.
a. a wheel
7. 7 After this I saw in the night visions, and behold, a fourth beast, terrifying and dreadful and exceedingly strong. It had great _______ teeth; it devoured and broke in pieces and stamped what was left with its feet. It was different from all the beasts that were before it, and it had ten horns.
8. 8 I considered the horns, and behold, there came up among them another horn, a little one, before which three of the first horns were plucked up by the roots. And behold, in this horn were eyes like the eyes of a man, and a mouth _________.
a. powerful like a lion
b. poisonous like a serpent
c. speaking great things
9. 9 "As I looked, thrones were placed, and the Ancient of Days took his seat; his clothing was white as snow, and the hair of his head like pure ______;
10. his throne was fiery flames; its ______ were burning fire.
11. A stream of fire issued and came out from before him; a thousand thousands served him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him; the court sat in judgment, and the ______ were opened.
12. 11 "I looked then because of the sound of the great words that the horn was speaking. And as I looked, the beast was killed, and its body destroyed and given over to be burned with fire. 12 As for the rest of the beasts, their dominion was taken away, but their lives were prolonged for _______.
a. 1000 years
b. 2-1/2 years
c. a season and a time
13. 13 "I saw in the night visions,
and behold, with the clouds of heaven there came one like a son of man, and he came to ____________ and was presented before him. 14 And to him was given dominion and glory and a kingdom, that all peoples, nations, and languages should serve him; his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom one that shall not be destroyed.
a. the Ancient of Days
b. the God of Abraham
14. 19 "Then I desired to know the truth about the fourth beast, which was different from all the rest, exceedingly terrifying, with its teeth of iron and claws of bronze, and which devoured and broke in pieces and stamped what was left with its feet, 20 and about the ______ horns that were on its head, and the other horn that came up and before which three of them fell, the horn that had eyes and a mouth that spoke great things, and that seemed greater than its companions.
15. He shall speak words against the Most High, and shall wear out the saints of the Most High, and shall think to change the times and the law;
and they shall be given into his hand for a ________________.
b. time and a half a time
c. time, times and half a time
16. 13 Then I heard a holy one speaking, and another holy one said to the one who spoke, "For how long is the vision concerning the regular burnt offering, the transgression that makes desolate, and the giving over of the sanctuary and host to be trampled underfoot?" 14 And he said to me, "For ________ evenings and mornings. Then the sanctuary shall be restored to its rightful state."
17. 27 And I, Daniel, was overcome and lay sick for some days. Then I rose and went about the king's business, but I was appalled by the vision __________.
a. when I understood the interpretation
b. and I did not understand it
c. wrote it all in a book.
18. 24 "Seventy weeks are decreed about your people and your holy city, to finish the transgression, to put an end _________, and to atone for iniquity, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal both vision and prophet, and to anoint a most holy place.
a. to the earth
b. to sin
c. to that 4th beast
19. 27 And he shall make a strong covenant with many for one week, and for half of the week he shall put an end to _____________. And on the wing of abominations shall come one who makes desolate, until the decreed end is poured out on the desolator."
b. sacrifice and offering