Daniel 10-12, ERV
2. 4 On the twenty-fourth day of the first month, as I was standing on the bank of the great river (that is, the Tigris) 5 I lifted up my eyes and looked, and behold, a man clothed in linen, with a belt of fine gold from Uphaz around his waist. 6 His body was like ______, his face like the appearance of lightning, his eyes like flaming torches, his arms and legs like the gleam of burnished bronze, and the sound of his words like the sound of a multitude.
b. human flesh
c. a wheel
3. 12 Then he said to me, "Fear not, Daniel, for from the first day that you set your heart to understand and humbled yourself before your God, your words have been heard, and I have come because _________.
a. God sent me
b. you were chosen to hear the prophetic words
c. of your words
4. 13 The prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me twenty-one days, but ______, one of the chief princes, came to help me, for I was left there with the kings of Persia, 14 and came to make you understand what is to happen to your people in the latter days. For the vision is for days yet to come."
5. 16 And behold, one in the likeness of the children of ______ touched my lips. Then I opened my mouth and spoke.
6. 20 Then he said, "Do you know why I have come to you? But now I will return to fight against the prince of Persia; and when I go out, behold, the prince of _____ will come.
a. the world
b. the Medes
7. 21 But I will tell you what is inscribed in the book of truth: there is none who contends by my side against these except _____, your prince.
b. my son
c. my brother
8. 16 But he who comes against him shall do as he wills, and none shall stand before him. And he shall stand in the _____ land, with destruction in his hand.
9. 21 In his place shall arise a contemptible person to whom royal majesty has not been given. He shall come in without warning and obtain the kingdom by _____.
a. popular approvals
10. 22 Armies shall be utterly swept away before him and broken, even the prince of the covenant. 23 And from the time that an alliance is made with him he shall act deceitfully, and he shall become strong with a _____ people.
11. 24 Without ____ he shall come into the richest parts of the province, and he shall do what neither his fathers nor his fathers' fathers have done, scattering among them plunder, spoil, and goods. He shall devise plans against strongholds, but only for a time.
12. 27 And as for the two kings, their hearts shall be bent on doing evil. They shall speak lies at the same table, but to no avail, for the end is yet to be at the time appointed. 28 And he shall return to his land with great wealth, but his heart shall be set against the holy _____. And he shall work his will and return to his own land.
13. 33 And the _____ among the people shall make many understand, though for some days they shall stumble by sword and flame, by captivity and plunder.
14. 34 When they stumble, they shall receive a little help. And many shall join themselves to them with flattery, 35 and some of the wise shall stumble, so that they may be _________, until the time of the end, for it still awaits the appointed time.
a. put to shame
b. refined, purified, and made white
15. 36 "And the king shall do as he wills. He shall exalt himself and magnify himself above every god, and shall speak astonishing things against the ____. He shall prosper till the indignation is accomplished; for what is decreed shall be done.
a. sons of gods
b. God of gods
c. prophets of God
16. 37 He shall pay no attention to the gods of his fathers, or to the one beloved by women. He shall not pay attention to any other god, for he shall ______ above all.
a. worship money and all other idols
b. worship the One True God
c. magnify himself
17. 38 He shall honor the god of fortresses instead of these. A god whom his fathers did not know he shall honor with gold and silver, with precious stones and costly gifts. 39 He shall deal with the strongest fortresses with the help of ____ god.
a. a false
b. a foreign
c. another universe's
18. 41 He shall come into the glorious land. And tens of thousands shall fall, but these shall be delivered out of his hand: ______ and the main part of the Ammonites.
a. Israel and Judah
b. Babylon and Assyria
c. Edom and Moab
19. "At that time shall arise _____, the great prince who has charge of your people. And there shall be a time of trouble, such as never has been since there was a nation till that time.
a. the Messiah
20. ...at that time your people shall be ______, everyone whose name shall be found written in the book.
b. taken to heaven
21. 3 And those who are wise shall shine like the brightness of the sky above; and those who turn many to righteousness, like the ____ forever and ever.
22. 4 But you, Daniel, shut up the words and seal the book, until the time of the end. Many shall run to and fro, and ______ shall increase."
23. 6 And someone said to the man clothed in linen, who was above the waters of the stream, "How long shall it be till the end of these wonders?" 7 And I heard the man clothed in linen, who was above the waters of the stream; he raised his right hand and his left hand toward heaven and swore by him who lives forever that it would be for a time, times, and half a time, and that when the shattering of the _____ of the holy people comes to an end all these things would be finished.
24. 8 I heard, but I did not understand. Then I said, "O my lord, what shall be the outcome of these things?" 9 He said, "Go your way, Daniel, for the words are shut up and sealed until the time of the end. 10 Many shall purify themselves and make themselves white and be refined, but the wicked shall act wickedly. And none of the wicked shall understand, but those who are ____ shall understand.
a. God's children