Find a church in your location
or submit your church. :
Amos 1-5, ESV ( 9 questions)
1. The words of Amos, who was among the sheepbreeders of Tekoa, which he saw concerning Israel in the days of Uzziah king of Judah, and in the days of Jeroboam the son of Joash, king of Israel, ______ years before the earthquake.
b. two hundred
c. two thousand
2. 4 Thus says the Lord: "For three transgressions of Judah, and for four, I will not turn away its punishment, Because they have despised the ____ of the Lord, And have not kept His commandments. Their lies lead them astray, Lies which their fathers followed.
3. 6 Thus says the Lord: "For three transgressions of ______, and for four, I will not turn away its punishment, Because they sell the righteous for silver, And the poor for a pair of sandals.
a. the Ammonites
4. 10 Also it was I who brought you up from the land of Egypt, And led you forty years through the wilderness, To possess the land of the Amorite. 11 I raised up some of your sons as prophets, And some of your young men as Nazirites. Is it not so, O you children of Israel?" Says the Lord. 12 "But you gave the Nazirites _______, And commanded the prophets saying, 'Do not prophesy' 13 "Behold, I am weighed down by you,
a. orders to tell lies
b. permission to shave their head
c. wine to drink
5. Hear this word that the Lord has spoken against you, O children of Israel, against the whole family which I brought up from the land of Egypt, saying: 2 "You only have I known of all the families of the earth; Therefore I will ______ you for all your iniquities."
6. If there is calamity in a city, will not _____ have done it?
a. the Lord
c. the inhabitants
7. 9 "I blasted you with blight and mildew. When your gardens increased, Your vineyards, Your fig trees, And your olive trees, The _____ devoured them; Yet you have not returned to Me," Says the Lord.
8. "I overthrew some of you, As God overthrew _______, And you were like a firebrand plucked from the burning; Yet you have not returned to Me," Says the Lord.
b. the Ammorites
c. Sodom and Gomorrah
9. 21 "I hate, I despise your feast days, And I do not savor your sacred _____.
If you find errors in the quizzes
please contact us; corrections will
be made the same day. Thank you
for your help in perfecting the
quizzes. We apologize for any errors.
Bible Reading Plan (Date Order)