Matthew 27-28, ERV
1. 3 Then Judas, His betrayer, seeing that He had been condemned, was ______ and brought back the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and elders, 4 saying, :I have sinned by betraying innocent blood."
a. feeling happy
b. feeling confused
2. 5 Then he threw down the pieces of silver in the temple and departed, and went and ______ .
a. prayed to God for forgiveness
b. hanged himself
c. lived in a far away town
3. 17 Therefore, when they had gathered together, Pilate said to them, "Whom do you want me to release to you? Barabbas, or Jesus who is called Christ?" 18 For he knew that they had handed Him over because of ____.
a. a lesser crime
4. 19 While he was sitting on the judgment seat, his wife sent to him, saying, "Have nothing to do with that just Man, for I have suffered many things today _____ because of Him."
a. by the rulers in the synagogue
b. by his disciples
c. in a dream
5. 50 And Jesus cried out again with a loud voice, and yielded up His spirit. 51 Then, behold, the veil of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom; and the earth quaked, and the rocks were split, 52 and the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints who had fallen asleep were raised; 53 and coming out of the graves _______, they went into the holy city and appeared to many. -
a. at the moment he gave up his spirit
b. while he was being taken to the tomb
c. after His resurrection
6. 57 Now when evening had come, there came a rich man from Arimathea, named Joseph, who himself had also become _______ of Jesus. 58 This man went to Pilate and asked for the body of Jesus.
a. an apostle
b. a disciple
c. a follower
7. 62 On the next day, which followed the Day of Preparation, the chief priests and Pharisees gathered together to Pilate, 63 saying, "Sir, we remember, while He was still alive, how that deceiver said, 'After three days I will rise.' 64 Therefore command that the tomb be ______ until the third day, lest His disciples come by night and steal Him away, and say to the people, 'He has risen from the dead.' So the last deception will be worse than the first."
a. left alone
b. made secure
c. checked on occasionally
8. 65 Pilate said to them, "You have a guard; go your way, make it as secure as you know how." 66 So they went and made the tomb secure, ______ the stone and setting the guard.
a. leaning against
c. rolling away
9. Now after the Sabbath, as the first day of the week began to dawn, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary came to see the tomb. 2 And behold, there was a great earthquake; for an angel of the Lord descended from heaven, and came and rolled back the stone from the door, and sat on it. 3 His countenance was like lightning, and his clothing as white as snow. 4 And the guards ______.
a. ran to tell Pilate
b. became scared and climbed up a tree
c. shook for fear of him, and became like dead men
10. some of the _____ came into the city and reported to the chief priests all the things that had happened.
11. 12 When they had assembled with the elders and consulted together, they gave a large sum of money to the soldiers, 13 saying, "Tell them, 'His disciples came at night and ______ while we slept.'
a. stole Him away
b. watched him being resurrected
12. 18 And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, "All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all things that ______; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." Amen.
a. are in the old covenant law
b. I have commanded you
c. you say