Matthew 1-4, ERV
1. 5 Salmon begot Boaz by _____, Boaz begot Obed by Ruth, Obed begot Jesse, 6 and Jesse begot David the king.
2. 17 So all the generations from Abraham to David are ____ generations, from David until the captivity in Babylon are ______ generations, and from the captivity in Babylon until the Christ are _____ generations.
3. 20 But while he thought about these things, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, "Joseph, son of _____, do not be afraid to take to you Mary your wife, for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Spirit.
4. 21 And she will bring forth a Son, and you shall call His name ______, for He will save His people from their sins."
5. 22 So all this was done that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the Lord through the prophet, saying: 23 "Behold, the virgin shall be with child, and bear a Son, and they shall call His name ______," which is translated, "God with us."
7. Now after Jesus was born in Bethlehem of _____ in the days of Herod the king, behold, wise men from the East came to Jerusalem, 2 saying, "Where is He who has been born King of the Jews? For we have seen His star in the East and have come to worship Him."
c. The City of David
8. 3 When Herod the king heard this, he was _____, and all Jerusalem with him. 4 And when he had gathered all the chief priests and scribes of the people together, he inquired of them where the Christ was to be born.
9. 5 So they said to him, "In Bethlehem of Judea, for thus it is written by the prophet: 6 'But you, Bethlehem, in the land of Judah, Are not the least among the rulers of Judah; For out of you shall come a Ruler Who will shepherd My people ______.'"
10. 7 Then Herod, when he had secretly called the wise men, determined from them what time the _________.
a. child was born
b. star appeared
c. wise men had arrived in town
11. 9 When they heard the king, they departed; and behold, the star which they had seen in _____ went before them, till it came and stood over where the young Child was.
a. the East
b. the West
12. 10 When they saw the star, they rejoiced with exceedingly great joy. 11 And when they had come into the ______, they saw the young Child with Mary His mother, and fell down and worshiped Him.
13. 12 Then, being ______ warned in a dream that they should not return to Herod, they departed for their own country another way.
14. 13 Now when they had departed, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream, saying, "Arise, take the young Child and His mother, flee to _____, and stay there until I bring you word; for Herod will seek the young Child to destroy Him."
15. 14 When he arose, he took the young Child and His mother by night and departed for Egypt, 15 and was there until the death of Herod, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the Lord through the prophet, saying, "Out of _____ I called My Son."
16. 7 But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees coming to his baptism, he said to them, "Brood of vipers! Who warned you to flee from the wrath to come? 8 Therefore bear fruits ______, 9 and do not think to say to yourselves, 'We have Abraham as our father.' For I say to you that God is able to raise up children to Abraham from these stones.
a. that are clean
b. without blemish
c. worthy of repentance
17. 10 And even now the ax is laid to the root of the trees. Therefore every tree which does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance, but He who is coming after me is mightier than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with _______.
a. Holy Water
b. the Holy Spirit and fire
c. water and the Spirit
18. 13 Then Jesus came from Galilee to John at the Jordan to be baptized by him. 14 And John tried to prevent Him, saying, "I need to be baptized by You, and are You coming to me?" 15 But Jesus answered and said to him, "Permit it to be so now, for thus it is fitting for us to ______ righteousness." Then he allowed Him.
a. continue in the old way
b. fulfill all
c. end the works unto
19. Then Jesus was led up by the _____ into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil.
20. 8 Again, the devil took Him up on an exceedingly high mountain, and showed Him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory. 9 And he said to Him, "All these things ____ will give You if You will fall down and worship me."
c. the Prince of the Air
21. 12 Now when Jesus heard that John had been put _____, He departed to Galilee.
a. in charge of baptizing the Gentiles
b. in prison
c. in charge of the baptizing at the church
22. Galilee of the Gentiles: 16 The people who sat in darkness have seen a great light, And upon those who sat in the region and shadow of death _______."
a. the light bulb has been turned on
b. the light has dawned
c. salvation has dawned
23. 17 From that time Jesus began to preach and to say, "______, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand."
a. Have faith
24. 18 And Jesus, walking by the Sea of Galilee, saw two brothers, Simon called Peter, and Andrew his brother, casting a net into the sea; for they were fishermen. 19 Then He said to them, "Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." 20 They _____ left their nets and followed Him. \
a. talked it over between the two of them and then
b. considered it for the rest of the day and then
25. 23 And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their _________, preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all kinds of sickness and all kinds of disease among the people. 24 Then His fame went throughout all Syria; and they brought to Him all sick people who were afflicted with various diseases and torments, and those who were demon-possessed, epileptics, and paralytics; and He healed them. 25 Great multitudes followed Him-from Galilee, and from Decapolis, Jerusalem, Judea, and beyond the Jordan.
26. What was the meaning of synagogue? Use your Strong's Concordance.
Matt 4:24,NKJV, STRONGS, G4864
a. a building made of stained glass windows where Jews would gather to worship God
b. a building used for the gathering of Jewish men to pray and read the scripture, have trials, and inflict punishments
c. a building where men and women gathered to read the law of Moses