Matthew 13-14, ERV
1. 19 When anyone hears the word of the kingdom and does not _______ it, the evil one comes and snatches away what has been sown in his heart. This is what was sown along the path.
2. 20 As for what was sown on rocky ground, this is the one who hears the word and immediately receives it with joy, 21 yet he has no root in himself, but endures for a while, and when tribulation or persecution arises on account of the _____, immediately he falls away.
3. 22 As for what was sown among thorns, this is the one who hears the word, but the cares of the world and the deceitfulness of _______ choke the word, and it proves unfruitful.
a. the devil
b. man-made religions
4. 23 As for what was sown on good soil, this is the one who _________. He indeed bears fruit and yields, in one case a hundredfold, in another sixty, and in another thirty."
a. believes the word even if he doesn't understand it
b. hears the word and understands it.
c. loves the word but doesn't read it
5."I will open my mouth in parables; I will utter what has been ________ since the foundation of the world."
c. undergoing preparation
6. 10...the disciples came and said to him, "Why do you speak to them in parables?" 11 And he answered them, "To you it has been given to know the secrets of the kingdom of heaven, but to them ______.
a. they are not meant to understand
b. it has not been given
c. they are only meant to understand what is on the surface
7.16...blessed are your eyes, for they see, and your ears, for they hear. 17 For truly, I say to you, many _________ longed to see what you see, and did not see it, and to hear what you hear, and did not hear it.
a. unwise people
b. prophets and righteous people