Luke 8-9, ERV
1. Now it came to pass, afterward, that He went through every city and village, preaching and bringing the glad tidings of the kingdom of God. And the twelve were with Him, 2 and certain women who had been healed of evil spirits and infirmities-Mary called Magdalene, out of whom had come seven demons, 3 and Joanna the wife of Chuza, Herod's steward, and Susanna, and many others who ______ .
a. lived off of Jesus' substance
b. provided for Him from their substance
c. showered him with gifts from their substance
2. 11 "Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God. 12 Those by the wayside are the ones who hear; then the devil comes and takes away the word out of their hearts, lest they should _______ and be saved.
3. 16 "No one, when he has lit a lamp, covers it with a vessel or puts it under a bed, but sets it on a lampstand, that those _____ may see the light.
a. from every corner
b. who are lost
c. who enter
4. So they departed and went through the towns, preaching the gospel and _____ everywhere.
Luke 9:6 ,NKJV
a. taking up tithes
b. condemning people
5. 23 Then He said to them all, "If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross ______, and follow Me.
b. every Sabbath
c. as much as he feels compelled to do it
6. "Lord, do You want us to command fire to come down from heaven and consume them, just as Elijah did?" 55 But He turned and rebuked them, and said, "You do not know _______. 56 For the Son of Man did not come to destroy men's lives but to save them."
a. how to perform miracles
b. their heart
c. what manner of spirit you are of
7. 61 And another also said, "Lord, I will follow You, but let me first go and bid them farewell who are at my house." 62 But Jesus said to him, "No one, having put his hand to the plow, and ______, is fit for the kingdom of God."
a. then returns back to where they came
b. mixes law and grace
c. looking back