Luke 4-5, ERV
1. Then Jesus, being filled with the Holy Spirit, returned from the Jordan and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness, 2 being tempted for forty days by the devil. And in those days He ate _____, and afterward, when they had ended, He was hungry.
a. only honey
b. only locusts
2. 3 And the devil said to Him, "If You are the Son of God, command this ______ to become bread."
3. 4 But Jesus answered him, saying, "It is written, 'Man shall not live by _____ alone, but by every word of God.'"
4. 5 Then the devil, taking Him up on a high mountain, showed Him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time. 6 And the devil said to Him, "All this authority I will give You, and their glory; for this has been _____, and I give it to whomever I wish. 7 Therefore, if You will worship before me, all will be Yours."
a. delivered to me
b. stolen by me
c. possessed by me
5. 28 So all those in the synagogue, when they heard these things, were filled with wrath, 29 and rose up and thrust Him out of the city; and they led Him to the brow of the hill on which their city was built, that they might _______. 30 Then passing through the midst of them, He went His way.
a. crucify him
b. throw Him down over the cliff
c. discipline him
6. 8 When Simon Peter saw it, he fell down at Jesus' knees, saying, "Depart from me, for I am a sinful man, O Lord!" ...And Jesus said to Simon, "_____. From now on you will catch men."
a. No you are not
b. Yes you have been, but
c. Do not be afraid
7. 12 And it happened when He was in a certain city, that behold, a man who was full of leprosy saw Jesus; and he fell on his face and implored Him, saying, "_____, You can make me clean." 13 Then He put out His hand and touched him, saying, "I am willing; be cleansed."
a. Lord, I know you love me
b. Lord, I am your child
c. Lord, if you are willing
8. 17 Now it happened on a certain day, as He was teaching, that there were Pharisees and teachers of the law sitting by, who had come out of every town of Galilee, Judea, and Jerusalem. And the power of the Lord was ______ to heal them.
9. 20 When He saw their faith, He said to him, "Man, your sins are forgiven you."
21 And the scribes and the Pharisees began to reason, saying, "Who is this who speaks _____? Who can forgive sins but God alone?"
a. amazing words of forgiveness
b. forgiveness of sins by faith alone, without repentance of sin
10. 30 And their scribes and the Pharisees complained against His disciples, saying, "Why do You eat and drink with tax collectors and _____?" 31 Jesus answered and said to them, "Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. 32 I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance."
c. people who don't follow the law