Luke 1, NKJV
1. 2 just as those who from the beginning were eyewitnesses and ministers of the word delivered them to us, 3 it seemed good to me also, having had ______ of all things from the very first, to write to you an orderly account, most excellent Theophilus, 4 that you may know the certainty of those things in which you were instructed.
a. perfect understanding
THE ANGEL GABRIEL SPEAKS TO ZACHARIAS ABOUT JOHN THE BAPTIST...
2. 15 For he will be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink. He will also be filled with _______ even from his mother's womb.
b. the Holy Spirit
c. perfected love
GABRIEL SPEAKS TO ZACHARIAS
3. "I am Gabriel, who stands in the presence of God, and was sent to speak to you and bring you these glad tidings. 20 But behold, you will be mute and not able to speak until the day these things take place, because ______ which will be fulfilled in their own time."
a. it will be a sign
b. it is a secret
c. you did not believe my words
4. Then Mary said, "Behold the maidservant of the Lord! ______." And the angel departed from her.
a. I do not believe you
b. I need a sign before I can believe you
c. Let it be to me according to your word
5. 41 And it happened, when Elizabeth heard the greeting of Mary, that the babe leaped in her womb; and ______ was filled with the Holy Spirit.
a. the baby
ELIZABETH SPEAKS TO MARY
6. 42 Then she spoke out with a loud voice and said, "Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb! 43 But why is this granted to me, that the mother of ______ should come to me?
a. the Messiah
b. my Lord
c. the Holy One
ELIZABETH PROPHESIES ABOUT MARY AFTER SHE (ELIZABETH) BECAME FILLED WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT:
7. 45 Blessed is she who ______, for there will be a fulfillment of those things which were told her from the Lord."
b. was chosen
c. does righteousness
ZACHARIAS PROPHESIES ABOUT JESUS CHRIST
8. 74 To grant us that we, Being delivered from the hand of our enemies, Might serve Him _____, 75 In holiness and righteousness before Him all the days of our life.
a. in fear
b. without fear
c. in love
ZACHARIAS PROPHESIES ABOUT JOHN THE BAPTIST
9. 76 "And you, child, will be called the prophet of the Highest; For you will go before the face of the Lord to prepare His ways, 77 To give knowledge of salvation to His people By the remission of their sins, 78 Through the tender mercy of our God,
In the above verse (vs.77), what does the word "remission" mean? Use your Strong's Concordance.
Luke 1:77,STRONG'S g859: Remission
a. release from bondage or imprisonment
c. letting them go as if they had never been committed
d. all of the above
ZACHARIAS PROPHESIES ABOUT JOHN THE BAPTIST:
10. 76 "And you, child, will be called the prophet of the Highest; For you will go before the face of the Lord to prepare His ways,... 79 To give light to those who sit _____ and the shadow of death, To guide our feet into the way of peace."
a. behind a veil
b. in darkness
c. with no access to the light