Romans 1-3, ERV
1. Paul, a bondservant of Jesus Christ, ______, separated to the gospel of God 2 which He promised before through His prophets in the Holy Scriptures,
a. called to be an apostle
b. who chose to be an apostle
c. who was predestined to be an apostle
2. Paul, a bondservant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated to the gospel of God 2 which He promised before through His prophets in the Holy Scriptures, 3 concerning His Son Jesus Christ our Lord, who was born of the seed of David according to the flesh, 4 and declared to be the Son of God with power according to the Spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead. 5 Through Him we have received grace and apostleship for obedience to the ____ among all nations for His name, 6 among whom you also are the called of Jesus Christ;
a. law of Moses
c. Most High God
3. 7 To all who are in Rome, beloved of God, _______: Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
a. who chose to be saints
b. called to be saints
c. who have a desire to become saints
4. 9 For God is my witness, whom I serve with my spirit in the gospel of His Son, that without ceasing ______, 10 making request if, by some means, now at last I may find a way in the will of God to come to you.
a. I tell others about your faith
b. I do good works because you have encouraged me
c. I make mention of you always in my prayers
5. 11 For I long to see you, that I may impart to you some _____, so that you may be established-
a. material gift
b. monetary gift
c. spiritual gift
6. 12 that is, that I may be encouraged together with you by the ______ both of you and me.
a. mutual faith
b. brotherly love
c. breaking of bread
7. 16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek. 17 For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, "The just shall live by _____."
a. knowledge and obedience to the law
8. 18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who ______ unrighteousness, 19 because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them.
a. live according to
b. suppress the truth in
c. walk in
9. 20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, 21 because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts ______.
a. remained unchanged
b. were darkened
c. caused them to go their own way
10. 22 Professing to be wise, they became fools, 23 and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like ______...
a. corruptible man
c. the sun
11. 24 Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves, 25 who exchanged the truth of God for the _____, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.
a. false doctrine
b. worship of the first Adam
12. 12 For as many as have sinned without ____ will also perish without ____, and as many as have sinned in the ____ will be judged by the ____
a. dead works
13. 28 For he is not a Jew who is one outwardly, nor is circumcision that which is outward in the flesh; 29 but he is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the Spirit, not in the letter; whose praise is _____.
b. not from men but from God
14. 19 Now we know that whatever the law says, it says to those who are under the law, that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God. 20 Therefore by the deeds of the law no flesh will be justified in His sight, for by the law is the _____.
a. way unto righteousness
b. way we should walk if we believe in Jesus
c. knowledge of sin
15. 21 But now the righteousness of God apart from the law is revealed, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets, 22 even the righteousness of God, through faith in Jesus Christ, to all and on all who _____.
b. follow the law of Moses
c. do good deeds
16. For there is no difference; 23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24 being justified _____ by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, 25 whom God set forth as a propitiation by His blood, through faith, to demonstrate His righteousness, because in His forbearance God had passed over the sins that were previously committed, 26 to demonstrate at the present time His righteousness, that He might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus.
a. by their repentance
b. by their change of heart