John 5-6, ERV
1. 8 Jesus said to him, "Rise, take up your bed and walk." 9 And immediately the man was made well, took up his bed, and walked. And that day was the Sabbath. 10 The Jews therefore said to him who was cured, "It is the Sabbath; it is not lawful for you to ___________."
a. be healed
b. carry your bed
c. walk outside
2. 14 Afterward Jesus found him in the temple, and said to him, "See, you have been made well. ______, lest a worse thing come upon you."
a. Continue in your faith
b. Sin no more
c. believe you are no longer under the Law of Moses
3. 16 For this reason the Jews persecuted Jesus, and sought to kill Him, because He had done these things ______.
a. without permission from the Pharisees
b. against the law
c. on the Sabbath
4. 17 But Jesus answered them, "____ has been working until now, and I have been working."
a. Your servant
b. My Father
5. 22 For the Father judges no one, but has committed all judgment to ______.
a. each person
b. the Pharisees
c. the Son
6. 24 "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not ______, but has passed from death into life.
a. come unto judgment
b. want for anything
c. be without wisdom
7. 45 Do not think that I shall accuse you to the Father; there is one who accuses you-______,
8. 8 One of His disciples, Andrew, Simon Peter's brother, said to Him, 9 "There is a lad here who has five barley loaves and two small fish, but what are they among so many?" 10 Then Jesus said, "Make the people _____."
b. sing songs of praise
c. sit down
9. 26 Jesus answered them and said, "Most assuredly, I say to you, you seek Me, not because you saw the signs, but because you ate of the loaves and were filled. 27 Do not labor for the ______ which perishes, but for the _____ which endures to everlasting life, which the Son of Man will give you, because God the Father has set His seal on Him."
10. 28 Then they said to Him, "What shall we do, that we may work the works of God?" 29 Jesus answered and said to them, "This is the work of God, that you ________."
a. do righteousness
b. believe in Him whom He sent
c. do good works
11. 33 For the _____ of God is He who comes down from heaven and gives life to the world."
12. 44 No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me ______; and I will raise him up at the last day.
a. draws him
b. places it in his heart
c. places faith inside his heart
13. 45 It is written in the prophets, 'And they shall all be taught by God.' Therefore everyone who has heard and learned from ____ comes to Me.
a. their mother and grandmother
b. their preacher and Sunday School teacher
c. the Father
14. 48 I am the bread of life. 49 Your fathers ate the manna in the wilderness, and are ______. 50 This is the bread which comes down from heaven, that one may eat of it and not die. 51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever; and the bread that I shall give is My flesh, which I shall give for the life of the world."
a. still living
c. spiritually and physically dead
15. 53 Then Jesus said to them, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no _____ in you.
c. Holy Spirit
16. 52 The Jews therefore quarreled among themselves, saying, "How can this Man give us His _____ to eat?"
17. 56 He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood ______.
a. will receive healing powers
b. abides in Me, and I in him
c. has a new heart
18. 63 It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life. 64 But there are some of you who do not believe." For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were who did not believe, and who would betray Him. 65 And He said, "Therefore I have said to you that no one can come to Me unless it has been granted to him by My Father." 66 From that time many of ______ went back and walked with Him no more.
a. his family
b. the people
c. His disciples
19. 68 But Simon Peter answered Him, "Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life. 69 Also we have come to believe and know that You are the Christ, the Son of the living God." 70 Jesus answered them, "Did I not _____, the twelve, and one of you is a devil?"
a. make you believe
b. choose you
c. serve you