Acts 7-8, ERV
1. 8 Then He gave him the covenant of circumcision; and so Abraham begot Isaac and circumcised him on the eighth day; and Isaac begot Jacob, and Jacob begot ________.
c. the twelve patriarchs
2. 22 And Moses was learned in all the wisdom of the Egyptians, and was mighty in words and deeds. 23 "Now when he was forty years old, it came into his heart to visit his brethren, the children of Israel. 24 And seeing one of them suffer wrong, he defended and avenged him who was oppressed, and struck down the Egyptian. 25 For he supposed that his brethren would have understood _______, but they did not understand.
a. it was okay for him to commit murder
b. that God would deliver them by his hand
c. that what he had done was to help them
3. 30 "And when forty years had passed, an Angel of the Lord appeared to him in a flame of fire in a bush, in the wilderness of _____.
c. Mt. Sinai
4. And in their hearts they turned back to Egypt, 40 saying to Aaron, 'Make us gods to go before us; as for this Moses who brought us out of the land of Egypt, we do not know what has become of him.' 41 And they made a calf in those days, offered sacrifices to the idol, and rejoiced in the _____.
a. works of their own hands
b. fact that Moses was gone
c. false god
5. 48 "However, the Most High does not dwell in temples made ______, as the prophet says: 49 'Heaven is My throne, And earth is My footstool. What house will you build for Me? says the Lord, Or what is the place of My rest? 50 Has My hand not made all these things?
a. by sinners
b. by those who reject the law
c. with hands
6. 51 "You stiff-necked and uncircumcised in heart and ears! You always ____ the Holy Spirit; as your fathers did, so do you.
7. 3 As for _____, he made havoc of the church, entering every house, and dragging off men and women, committing them to prison.
8. 4 Therefore those who were scattered went ______ preaching the word.
Acts 8:4, NKJV
a. to church
b. to houses, meeting in small groups
9. 14 Now when the apostles who were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent Peter and John to them, 15 who, when they had come down, prayed for them that they _______ the Holy Spirit.
Acts 8:14-15, NKJV
a. should know they have already received
b. might receive
c. would understand what it means to receive
10. 16 For as yet He had fallen upon none of them. They had only been ______.
Acts 8:16, NKJV
a. hearers of the Word
b. hearers of the Word but not doers of the Word
c. baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus
11. And both Philip and the eunuch went down into the water, and he baptized him. 39 Now when they came up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord _____, so that he went on his way rejoicing.
Acts 8:38-39, NKJV
a. entered in to the eunuch
b. caught Philip away
c. entered into Philip