Acts 4-6, ERV
1. Now as they spoke to the people, the priests, the captain of the temple, and the Sadducees came upon them, 2 being greatly disturbed that they taught the people and preached in Jesus the ______ dead.
b. resurrection from the
2. 7 And when they had set them in the midst, they asked, "By what power or by what name have you done this?" 8 Then Peter, filled with the Holy Spirit, said to them, "Rulers of the people and elders of Israel: 9 If we this day are judged for a good deed done to a helpless man, by what means he has been made well, 10 let it be known to you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the _____ of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified, whom God raised from the dead, by Him this man stands here before you whole.
3. 11 This is the '______ which was rejected by you builders, which has become the chief cornerstone.' 12 Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved."
4. 13 Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were _____ men, they marveled. And they realized that they had been with Jesus.
a. uneducated and untrained
b. devoted and caring
c. wise and Spirit-filled
5. For, indeed, that a notable miracle has been done through them is evident to all who dwell in Jerusalem, and we cannot deny it. 17 But so that it spreads no further among the people, let us severely threaten them, that from now on they speak to no man ______."
a. about how we were the ones who killed Him
b. in this name
c. about religion
6. Why did the nations rage, And the people plot vain things? 26 The kings of the earth took their stand, And the rulers were gathered together _____ the Lord and _____ His Christ.'
Acts 4:25-26 ,NKJV
b. in support of
c. in spite of
7. 29 Now, Lord, look on their threats, and grant to Your servants that with all boldness they may speak Your word, 30 by stretching out Your hand to _____ through the name of Your holy Servant Jesus."
a. rebuke them
b. punish them
c. heal,and that signs and wonders may be done
8. 28 saying, "Did we not strictly command you not to teach in this name? And look, you have filled Jerusalem with your doctrine, and intend to bring this Man's blood on us!" 29 But Peter and the other apostles answered and said: "_______.
a. We forgot that you told us that
b. We are sorry; we won't do it again
c. We ought to obey God rather than men
9. 31 Him God has exalted to His right hand to be Prince and Savior, to ____ to Israel and forgiveness of sins.
a. give an opportunity of repentance
b. give repentance
c. give 7 times 7 chances of repentance