Acts 27-28, ERV
1. 3 But when Paul had gathered a bundle of sticks and laid them on the fire, a viper came out because of the heat, and fastened on his hand. 4 So when the natives saw the creature hanging from his hand, they said to one another, "No doubt this man is a _______, whom, though he has escaped the sea, yet justice does not allow to live."
2. 5 But he shook off the creature into the fire and suffered no harm. 6 However, they were expecting that he would swell up or suddenly fall down dead. But after they had looked for a long time and saw no harm come to him, they changed their minds and said that he was ______.
a. an angel
b. a god
c. a sorcerer
3. 7 In that region there was an estate of the leading citizen of the island, whose name was Publius, who received us and entertained us courteously for ______.
a. 3 years
b. 3 days
c. 3 months
4. 8 And it happened that the father of Publius lay sick of a fever and dysentery. Paul went in to him and prayed, and ______.
a. he was healed
b. he laid his hands on him and healed him
c. he anointed him with oil and healed him
5. 9 So when this was done, the rest of those on the island who had diseases also came and were healed. 10 They also honored us in many ways; and when we departed, they _______.
a. prayed that God would provide such things as were necessary
b. provided such things as were necessary
c. all wanted to go with us
6. 11 After _______ we sailed in an Alexandrian ship whose figurehead was the Twin Brothers, which had wintered at the island.
a. 3 days
b. 3 months
c. 3 years
7. 21 Then they said to him, "We neither received letters from Judea concerning you, nor have any of the brethren who came reported or spoken any evil of you. 22 But we desire to hear from you what you think; for concerning this sect, we know that it is spoken against ________."
a. everywhere in Rome
b. everywhere in Jerusalem
8. 30 Then Paul dwelt two whole years _______, and received all who came to him, 31 preaching the kingdom of God and teaching the things which concern the Lord Jesus Christ with all confidence, no one forbidding him.
a. in his own rented house
b. in the synagogue
c. on an island