Acts 18-20, ERV
1. 1 And it happened, while Apollos was at Corinth, that Paul, having passed through the upper regions, came to Ephesus. And finding some disciples 2 he said to them, "Did you receive the Holy Spirit when _____?"
a. you believed
b. you were baptized
c. when other believers laid hands on you
2. So they said to him, "_____."
a. Yes, we received the Holy Spirit immediately
b. We are still waiting to receive the Holy Spirit
c. We have not so much as heard whether there is a Holy Spirit
3. 3 And he said to them, "Into what then were you baptized?" So they said, "Into ____ baptism."
4. 4 Then Paul said, "John indeed baptized with a baptism of ______, saying to the people that they should believe on Him who would come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus."
a. the Holy Spirit
5. 5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the _____.
a. Holy Spirit
b. Lord Jesus
6. 6 And when Paul had laid hands on them, the Holy Spirit came upon them, and they ______. 7 Now the men were about twelve in all.
a. were given a never-ending joy
b. spoke with tongues and prophesied
c. had immediate direction from the Spirit
7. 11 Now God worked unusual miracles by the hands of Paul, 12 so that even handkerchiefs or aprons were brought from his body to the sick, and the diseases left them and the evil spirits went out of them. 13 Then some of the itinerant Jewish ______ took it upon themselves to call the name of the Lord Jesus over those who had evil spirits, saying, "We exorcise you by the Jesus whom Paul preaches."
8. 15 And the evil spirit answered and said, "Jesus I know, and Paul I know; _____?"
a. and now I know you
b. but who are you
c. but you are not like them
9. 16 Then the man in whom the evil spirit was leaped on them, overpowered them, and prevailed against them, so that they fled out of that house _______.
a. naked and wounded
b. possessed by demons
c. counting their blessings
10. 22 And see, now I go bound in the spirit to Jerusalem, not knowing the things that will happen to me there, 23 except that the Holy Spirit testifies in every city, saying that ______ await me. 24 But none of these things move me; nor do I count my life dear to myself, so that I may finish my race with joy, and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God.
b. chains and tribulations
11. 35 I have shown you in every way, by ____, that you must support the weak. And remember the words of the Lord Jesus, that He said, 'It is more blessed to give than to receive.'"
a. praying for the poor
b. laboring like this
c. performing miracles