Acts 14-15, ERV
1. Now it happened in Iconium that they went together to the synagogue of the Jews, and so spoke that a great multitude both of the Jews and of the Greeks believed. 2 But the ______ stirred up the Gentiles and poisoned their minds against the brethren.
a. self-righteous Jews
b. Jews who rejected righteousness as a free gift
c. unbelieving Jews
2. 3 Therefore they stayed there a long time, speaking boldly in the Lord, who was bearing witness to the word of His _____, granting signs and wonders to be done by their hands.
a. new works and law unto righteousness
3. 8 And in Lystra a certain man without strength in his feet was sitting, a cripple from his mother's womb, who had never walked. 9 This man heard Paul speaking. Paul, observing him intently and seeing that he had ____ to be healed, 10 said with a loud voice, "Stand up straight on your feet!" And he leaped and walked.
a. a desire
4. 19 Then Jews from Antioch and Iconium came there; and having persuaded the multitudes, they stoned Paul and dragged him out of the city, supposing him to be dead. 20 However, when the disciples gathered around him, _____.
a. he rose up and went into the city
b. he was still breathing
c. he spoke to them
5. 22 strengthening the souls of the disciples, exhorting them to continue in the faith, and saying, "We must through many tribulations enter the kingdom of God." 23 So when they had appointed elders in every church, and prayed ______________, they commended them to the Lord in whom they had believed.
a. while trusting
b. with fasting
c. and sang praises
6. 4 And when they had come to Jerusalem, they were received by the church and the apostles and the elders; and they reported all things that God had done with them. 5 But some of the sect of the Pharisees who ______ rose up, saying, "It is necessary to circumcise them, and to command them to keep the law of Moses."
a. did not believe
c. pretended to believe
7. 8 So God, who knows the heart, acknowledged them by giving them the Holy Spirit, just as He did to us, 9 and made no distinction between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith. 10 Now therefore, why do you test God by putting a _____ on the neck of the disciples which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?
8. 11 But we believe that through the ____ of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved in the same manner as they.