Nehemiah 4-6, ERV
1. Now when Sanballat heard that we were building the ____, he was angry and greatly enraged, and he jeered at the Jews.
2. 6 So we built the wall. And all the wall was joined together to half its height, for the people had a mind to _____.
b. sit and observe
3. 7 But when Sanballat and Tobiah and the Arabs and the Ammonites and the Ashdodites heard that the repairing of the walls of Jerusalem was going forward and that the breaches were beginning to be closed, they were very _____.
4. 8 And they all plotted together to come and _____ Jerusalem and to cause confusion in it. 9 And we prayed to our God and set a guard as a protection against them day and night.
a. conspire against
b. fight against
c. laugh at
5. 14 And I looked and arose and said to the nobles and to the officials and to the rest of the people, "Do not be afraid of them. Remember ____, who is great and awesome, and fight for your brothers, your sons, your daughters, your wives, and your homes."
a. the king of Assyria
b. your wives and children
c. the Lord
6. 6 I was very angry when I heard their outcry and these words. 7 I took counsel with myself, and I brought charges against the nobles and the officials. I said to them, "You are exacting interest, each from his brother." And I held a great assembly against them 8 and said to them, "We, as far as we are able, have bought back our Jewish brothers who have been sold to the nations, but you even sell your ____ that they may be sold to us!" They were silent and could not find a word to say.
b. gold and silver
7. For they all wanted to frighten us, thinking, "Their hands will drop from the work, and it will not be done." But now, O God, strengthen my _____.