Nehemiah 1-3, ERV
1. 3 And they said to me, "The _____ there in the province who had survived the exile is in great trouble and shame. The wall of Jerusalem is broken down, and its gates are destroyed by fire.
b. people of Judah
2. 4 As soon as I heard these words I sat down and wept and mourned for days, and I continued ____ and praying before the God of heaven.
3. 8 Remember the word that you commanded your servant Moses, saying, 'If you are unfaithful, I will _____ among the peoples,
a. still cherish you
b. scatter you
c. uplift you
4. 7 And I said to the king, "If it pleases the king, let ____ be given me to the governors of the province Beyond the River, that they may let me pass through until I come to Judah,
a. gifts of fruit
b. gifts of gold and silver
5. 10 But when Sanballat the Horonite and Tobiah the Ammonite servant heard this, it displeased them greatly that someone had come to seek the ____ of the people of Israel.
6. 19 But when Sanballat the Horonite and Tobiah the Ammonite servant and Geshem the Arab heard of it, they ____ and said, "What is this thing that you are doing? Are you rebelling against the king?"
a. questioned us
b. looked at us in disbelief
c. jeered at us and despised us
7. 20 Then I replied to them, "The God of heaven will _____, and we his servants will arise and build, but you have no portion or right or claim in Jerusalem."
a. make us prosper
b. strengthen us
c. give us all we need
8. 5 And next to them the Tekoites repaired, but their ____ would not stoop to serve their Lord.