Ezra 8-10, ERV
1. These are the heads of their fathers' houses, and this is the genealogy of those who went up with me from ______, in the reign of Artaxerxes the king:
2. 15 I gathered them to the river that runs to Ahava, and there we camped three days. As I reviewed the people and the priests, I found there none of the sons of ______.
3. 16 Then I sent for Eliezer, Ariel, Shemaiah, Elnathan, Jarib, Elnathan, Nathan, Zechariah, and Meshullam, leading men, and for Joiarib and Elnathan, who were men of _____,
4. 21 Then I proclaimed a _____ there, at the river Ahava, that we might humble ourselves before our God, to seek from him a safe journey for ourselves, our children, and all our goods.
c. prayer meeting
5. 3 So we fasted and implored our God for this, and he ________.
a. did not answer us
b. listened to our entreaty
c. gave us more than what we asked
6. 2 For they have taken some of their daughters to be wives for themselves and for their sons, so that the ________ race has mixed itself with the peoples of the lands. And in this faithlessness the hand of the officials and chief men has been foremost."
7. 3 As soon as I heard this, I tore my garment and my cloak and _____ hair from my head and beard and sat appalled.
8. 3 Therefore let us make a covenant with our God to put away all these ____, according to the counsel of my lord and of those who tremble at the commandment of our God, and let it be done according to the Law.
c. wives and their children
9. 10 And Ezra the priest stood up and said to them, "You have broken faith and married ______ women, and so increased the guilt of Israel.
10. 44 All these had married foreign women, and some of the women had even ________.
a. been unfaithful
b. borne children
c. worshiped idols