Ezra 4-7, ERV
1. Now when the adversaries of Judah and Benjamin heard that the returned exiles were building a temple to the Lord, the God of Israel, 2 they approached Zerubbabel and the heads of fathers' houses and said to them, "_____, for we worship your God as you do, and we have been sacrificing to him ever since the days of Esarhaddon king of Assyria who brought us here."
a. let us build the temple instead
b. let us build the temple in another location
c. let us build with you
2. 4 Then the people of the land discouraged the people of Judah and made them afraid to build 5 and _____ counselors against them to frustrate their purpose, all the days of Cyrus king of Persia, even until the reign of Darius king of Persia.
Ezra 4:4-5 ,ESV
3. 13 Now be it known to the king that if this city is rebuilt and the walls finished, they will not pay tribute, custom, or toll, and the royal _____ will be impaired.
4. 15 in order that search may be made in the book of the records of your fathers. You will find in the book of the records and learn that this city is ____ city, hurtful to kings and provinces, and that sedition was stirred up in it from of old. That was why this city was laid waste.
a. a rebellious
b. a powerful
5. 23 Then, when the copy of King Artaxerxes' letter was read before Rehum and Shimshai the scribe and their associates, they went in haste to the Jews at Jerusalem and by ____ made them cease. 24 Then the work on the house of God that is in Jerusalem stopped, and it ceased until the second year of the reign of Darius king of Persia.
b. force and power
c. prayers to God
6. 3 At the same time Tattenai the governor of the province Beyond the River and Shethar-bozenai and their associates came to them and spoke to them thus: "Who gave you _____ to build this house and to finish this structure?"
a. a decree
b. wood and stone
c. gold and bronze
7. 5 But the ____ of their God was on the elders of the Jews, and they did not stop them until the report should reach Darius and then an answer be returned by letter concerning it.
8. 22 And they kept the Feast of Unleavened Bread seven days with joy, for the Lord had made them joyful and had turned the heart of the king of _____ to them, so that he aided them in the work of the house of God, the God of Israel.