Judges 16-18, ESV
1. When Samson saw a prostitute in Gaza, what did he do?
Judges 16:1, 3,ESV
a. He talked to her about the reasons why she should change her profession
b. He went in to stay with her and left at midnight
c. He dedicated her to God
2. What did the rulers of the Philistines use to bribe Delilah into getting secrets from Samson about his strength?
3. Why did the Lord leave Samson?
a. because he stayed the evening with a prostitute
b. because he destroyed the gates of Gaza when he left their city
c. because his head had been shaved
4. What did the Philistine men of Gaza do to Samson when they captured him?
a. tore his eyes out
b. put him in chains
c. put him to work grinding grain
d. all of the above
5. Which false god did the Philistines worship?
6. Who did the Philistine rulers attribute their victory of capturing Samson?
a. Dagon, the false god
b. the God of the Israelites
7. About how many people were on the roof of the temple of Dagon, laughing and making fun of Samson?
8. How long was Samson a judge for the Israelites?
a. 20 years
b. 40 years
c. 80 years