Find a church in your location
or submit your church. :
Joshua 5-8, ESV ( 12 questions)
1. As soon as all the kings of the Amorites who were beyond the Jordan to the west, and all the kings of the Canaanites who were by the sea, heard that the Lord had dried up the waters of the _____ for the people of Israel until they had crossed over, their hearts melted and there was no longer any spirit in them because of the people of Israel.
2. 2 At that time the Lord said to Joshua, "Make flint knives and _____ the sons of Israel a second time." 3 So Joshua made flint knives and ______ the sons of Israel at Gibeath-haaraloth.
b. carve(d) the law of the Lord onto stones for
3. When the circumcising of the whole nation was finished, they remained in their places in the camp ______.
a. for 3 days
b. for 3 months
c. until they were healed
4. 9 And the Lord said to Joshua, "Today I have rolled away the reproach of Egypt from you." And so the name of that place is called _____ to this day.
c. Rolling Stones
5. The _____ ceased the day after they ate of the produce of the land. And there was no longer ______ for the people of Israel, but they ate of the fruit of the land of Canaan that year.
b. milk and honey
6. 13 When Joshua was by Jericho, he lifted up his eyes and looked, and behold, a man was standing before him with his drawn sword in his hand. And Joshua went to him and said to him, "Are you for us, or for our adversaries?" 14 And he said, "No; but I am the commander of the army of ______. Now I have come." And Joshua fell on his face to the earth and worshiped and said to him, "What does my lord say to his servant?"
c. the Lord
7. 15 And the commander of the Lord's army said to Joshua, "Take off your sandals from your feet, for the place where you are standing is ______." And Joshua did so.
c. planted with corn
8. 18 But you, keep yourselves from the things devoted to _____, lest when you have devoted them you take any of the devoted things and make the camp of Israel a thing for destruction and bring trouble upon it.
c. the tabernacle
9. 21 Then they devoted all in the city to destruction, both men and women, young and old, oxen, sheep, and donkeys, with _____________.
a. a great earthquake
b. a mighty swirling wind
c. the hornet
d. the edge of the sword
10. But the people of Israel broke _____ in regard to the devoted things, for Achan the son of Carmi, son of Zabdi, son of Zerah, of the tribe of Judah, took some of the devoted things. And the anger of the Lord burned against the people of Israel.
c. their promise
11. 20 And Achan answered Joshua,"Truly I have sinned against the Lord God of Israel, and this is what I did: 21 when I saw among the spoil a beautiful cloak from _____, and 200 shekels of silver, and a bar of gold weighing 50 shekels, then I coveted them and took them. And see, they are hidden in the earth inside my tent, with the silver underneath."
12. And the Lord said to Joshua, "Do not fear and do not be dismayed. Take all the fighting men with you, and arise, go up to Ai. See, I have given into your hand the king of Ai, and his people, his city, and his land. 2 And you shall do to Ai and its king as you did to Jericho and its king. Only its spoil and its livestock you ______ as plunder for yourselves. Lay an ambush against the city, behind it."
a. shall take
b. shall not take
If you find errors in the quizzes
please contact us; corrections will
be made the same day. Thank you
for your help in perfecting the
quizzes. We apologize for any errors.
Bible Reading Plan (Date Order)
This quiz has been
checked for accuracy
by Tia Graff