Joshua 22-24, ESV (9 questions)
1. Why did the Israelites want to fight with the tribes of Israel who received land on the east side of the Jordan?
a. Because they built an altar on the west side of the Jordan
b. Because they were jealous of their land that was apart from their own
c. Because God told them to fight these 2-1/2 tribes
2. Why were the 10 tribes on the west side of the Jordan angry with the 2-1/2 tribes for building an altar in Geliloth on Israel's side of the Jordan?
a. Because God had commanded that they have only 1 altar, and that was to be in the tabernacle
b. Because they feared the Lord's wrath upon all Israel for anyone of Israel disobeying the Lord's command(s)
c. Because they thought that the 2-1/2 tribes had stopped following the Lord
d. All of the above
3. Why was it okay that the 2-1/2 tribes, who were given land on the east side of the Jordan, built an altar on the west side of the Jordan?
a. Because they did not intend to use it for burning offerings and sacrifices
b. Because it was there for a symbol alone, for future generations, as proof that they worshiped the same God as the God of Israel
c. Both (a) and (b)
4. 6 Therefore, be very strong to ________ that is written in the Book of the Law of Moses, turning aside from it neither to the right hand nor to the left,
a. keep and to do all
b. keep the 10 commandments
5. How many soldiers did Joshua say one person could defeat with the Lord's help alone?
6. What did God tell the Israelites would cause them to lose their land?
Josh 23:12-13, 16,ESV
a. Becoming friends with the people who were living in the land when they got there and had not yet left.
b. Intermarrying with the people of the land who they had not driven all out.
c. serving other gods
d. all of the above
7. What did the Lord tell the Israelites was the reason for their victories over their enemies?
a. their sword and bow
b. the hornet
c. both (a) their works and (b) God's work (together)
8. Did God commend the Israelites on doing a good job in fighting and taking over their enemies?
a. Yes, He said they had done a good job
b. No, He said they had not obtained the land by anything they had done
9. 27 And Joshua said to all the people, "Behold, this _______ shall be a witness against us, for it has heard all the words of the Lord that he spoke to us. Therefore it shall be a witness against you, lest you deal falsely with your God."