Psalm 78-79, ERV
1. Give ear, O my people, to my teaching; incline your ears to the words of my mouth! 2 I will open my mouth _____; I will utter dark sayings from of old, 3 things that we have heard and known, that our fathers have told us.
a. in a parable
b. with force
c. with understanding
2. 15 He split rocks in the wilderness and gave them ____ abundantly as from the deep.
a. fish to eat
3. 37 Their heart was not steadfast toward him; they were not faithful to his covenant. 38 Yet he, being compassionate, ______ their iniquity and did not destroy them; he restrained his anger often and did not stir up all his wrath.
a. atoned for
b. did not count
c. did not punish them in
4. 39 He remembered that they were but ____, a wind that passes and comes not again.
5. 49 He let loose on them his burning anger, wrath, indignation, and distress, a company of destroying ______.
6. 51 He struck down every firstborn in Egypt, the firstfruits of their strength in the tents of _____.
7. 54 And he brought them to his ______, to the mountain which his right hand had won.
a. holy cave
b. holy land
c. holy tabernacle
8. 59 When God heard, he was full of wrath, and he utterly ______ Israel.
a. was grieved by
b. was angry with
9. 60 He forsook his dwelling at Shiloh, the tent where he _____ mankind,
a. dwelt among
b. sheltered his people from
c. preached to
10. 65 Then the Lord awoke as from sleep, like a strong man shouting because of _______.
11. 67 He rejected the tent of Joseph; he did not choose the tribe of Ephraim, 68 but he chose the tribe of ______, Mount Zion, which he loves.
12. 72 With upright heart he shepherded them and guided them with his skillful ____.