Job 5-7, ERV
1. Then Job answered and said: 2 "Oh that my vexation were weighed, and all my calamity laid in the balances! 3 For then it would be heavier than ________; therefore my words have been rash.
a. what I can bear
b. the sand of the sea
c. the water in all the oceans
2. 14 "He who withholds _____ from a friend forsakes the fear of the Almighty.
3. 30 Is there any injustice on my tongue? Cannot my palate _______ the cause of calamity?
c. spit out
4. 7 "Has not man a hard service on earth, and are not his days like the days of a hired hand? 2 Like a slave who longs for the shadow, and like a hired hand who looks for his wages, 3 so I am allotted months of emptiness, and nights of misery are ____ to me.
5. 13 When I say, 'My bed will comfort me, my couch will ease my complaint,' 14 then you scare me with ______ and terrify me with visions, 15 so that I would choose strangling and death rather than my bones.
c. plans for my future
6. 17 What is man, that you make so much of him, and that you set your ____ on him, 18 visit him every morning and test him every moment?
7. 19 How long will you not look away from me, nor leave me alone till I swallow my spit? 20 If I sin, what do I do to you, you _____ of mankind? Why have you made me your mark? Why have I become a burden to you?
8. 21 Why do you not ____ my transgression and take away my iniquity? For now I shall lie in the earth; you will seek me, but I shall not be."
a. look away from