Job 29-31, ERV
1. 11 When the ear heard, it called me blessed, and when the eye saw, it approved, 12 because I delivered the _______ who cried for help, and the fatherless who had none to help him.
2. 13 The blessing of him who was about to _________ came upon me, and I caused the widow's heart to sing for joy.
3. 14 I put on _______, and it clothed me; my justice was like a robe and a turban.
a. ashes and dust from the ground
b. shame and dishonor
4. 15 I was eyes to the blind and feet to the lame. 16 I was a father to the needy, and I ________ the cause of him whom I did not know.
b. searched out
c. turned my ear away from
5. 17 I broke the _____ of the unrighteous and made him drop his prey from his teeth.
6. 21 "Men listened to me and waited and kept _____ for my counsel.
7. 22 After I spoke they did not _____, and my word dropped upon them.
b. speak again
8. 24 I ______ them when they had no confidence, and the light of my face they did not cast down.
c. smiled on
9. "But now they ______ me, men who are younger than I, whose fathers I would have disdained to set with the dogs of my flock.
b. laugh at
10. 2 What could I gain from the strength of their hands, men whose _____ is gone?
11. 9 "And now I have become their song; I am a byword to them. 10 They ____ me; they keep aloof from me; they do not hesitate to spit at the sight of me.
12. 11 Because God has loosed my cord and humbled me, they have cast off ______ in my presence.
13. 12 On my right hand the rabble rise; they push away my feet; they cast up against me their ways of ______.