Find a church in your location
or submit your church. :
Job 1-4 ESV (22 questions)
1. There was a man in the land of Uz whose name was Job, and that man was _____, one who feared God and turned away from evil.
Job 1:1, ESV
a. blameless (perfect) and upright
b. judgmental of others
2. 2 There were born to him _____ sons and three daughters.
Job 1:2, ESV
3. 4 His sons used to go and hold a feast in the house of each one on his day, and they would send and invite their three sisters to eat and drink with them. 5 And when the days of the feast had run their course, Job would send and consecrate them, and he would rise early in the morning and offer burnt offerings according to the number of them all. For Job said, "It may be that my children have sinned, and ______ in their hearts." Thus Job did continually.
Job 1:4-5, ESV
a. cursed God
b. hated others
c. withheld forgiveness
4. 6 Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and ______ also came among them.
Job 1:6, ESV
5. 8 And the Lord said to Satan, "Have you ______, that there is none like him on the earth, a blameless and upright man, who fears God and turns away from evil?"
Job 1:8, ESV
a. been harassing my servant Job
b. been trying to put stumbling stones in front of my servant Job
c. considered my servant Job
6. But stretch out your hand and touch all that he has, and he will ____."
Job 1:11, ESV
a. bless your name
b. curse you to your face
c. kill himself
7. 12 And the Lord said to Satan, "Behold, all that he has is _____. Only against him do not stretch out your hand." So Satan went out from the presence of the Lord.
Job 1:12, ESV
a. in your hand
b. of great value to him
c. worth nothing to him anyway, so you may do as you please
8. 13 Now there was a day when his sons and daughters were eating and drinking wine in their oldest brother's house, 14 and there came a messenger to Job and said, "The oxen were plowing and the donkeys feeding beside them, 15 and the ______ fell upon them and took them and struck down the servants with the edge of the sword, and I alone have escaped to tell you."
Job 1:13-15, ESV
9. 16 While he was yet speaking, there came another and said, "The _____ of God fell from heaven and burned up the sheep and the servants and consumed them, and I alone have escaped to tell you."
Job 1:16, ESV
c. lightening bolts
10. 17 While he was yet speaking, there came another and said, "The Chaldeans formed three groups and made a raid on ____ and took them and struck down the servants with the edge of the sword, and I alone have escaped to tell you."
Job 1:17, ESV
a. the camels
b. the fruits of the vineyard
c. your sons and daughters
11. 18 While he was yet speaking, there came another and said, "Your sons and daughters were eating and drinking wine in their oldest brother's house, 19 and behold, a great ____ came across the wilderness and struck the four corners of the house, and it fell upon the young people, and they are dead, and I alone have escaped to tell you."
Job 1:18-19, ESV
12. 20 Then Job arose and tore his robe and shaved his head and fell on the ground and worshiped. 21 And he said, "Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked shall I return. The Lord gave, and the Lord has taken away; ____ be the name of the Lord."
Job 1:20-21, ESV
13. 22 In all this Job did not sin or charge God with _____.
Job 1:22, ESV
a. provoking him
b. testing him
14. 3 And the Lord said to Satan, "Have you considered my servant Job, that there is none like him on the earth, a blameless and upright man, who fears God and turns away from evil? He still holds fast his integrity, although you incited me against him to ____ him without reason."
Job 2:3, ESV
15. 4 Then Satan answered the Lord and said, "Skin for skin! All that a man has he will give for his life. 5 But stretch out your hand and touch his bone and his flesh, and he will curse you to your face." 6 And the Lord said to Satan, "Behold, he is in ____; only spare his life."
Job 2:4-6, ESV
a. my hand
b. your hand
c. trouble because of you
16. 7 So Satan went out from the presence of the Lord and struck Job with ____ from the sole of his foot to the crown of his head.
Job 2:7, ESV
a. a loathsome rash
b. loathsome sores
c. loathsome mites
17. 9 Then his ____ said to him, "Do you still hold fast your integrity? Curse God and die."
Job 2:9, ESV
18. 10 But he said to her, "You speak as one of the foolish women would speak. Shall we receive good from God, and shall we not receive evil?" In all this Job did not sin with his ______.
Job 2:10, ESV
19. 11 Now when Job's three friends heard of all this evil that had come upon him, they came each from his own place, Eliphaz the Temanite, Bildad the Shuhite, and Zophar the Naamathite. They made an appointment together to come to show him sympathy and comfort him. 12 And when they saw him from a distance, they did not recognize him. And they raised their voices and wept, and they tore their robes and sprinkled dust on their heads toward heaven. 13 And they sat with him on the ground seven days and seven nights, and ____, for they saw that his suffering was very great.
Job 2:11-13, ESV
a. comforted him with songs
b. recited words from God
c. no one spoke a word to him
20. After this Job opened his mouth and cursed _____.
Job 3:1, ESV
c. the day of his birth
21. 12 "Now a word was brought to me stealthily; my ear received the whisper of it. 13 Amid thoughts from visions of the night, when ____ falls on men,
Job 4:12-14, ESV
a. deep sleep
c. the Spirit of God
22. 15 A spirit glided past my face; the hair of my flesh stood up. 16 It stood still, but I could not discern its appearance. A form was before my eyes; there was silence, then I heard a voice: 17 'Can mortal man be in the right before God? Can a man be ___ before his Maker?
Job 4:15-17, ESV
If you find errors in the quizzes
please contact us; corrections will
be made the same day. Thank you
for your help in perfecting the
quizzes. We apologize for any errors.
Bible Reading Plan (Date Order)