Proverbs 1-3, ERV
1. 5 Let the wise hear and increase in learning, and the one who understands obtain guidance, 6 to understand a proverb and a saying, the words of the wise and their ___.
2. 7 The ____ of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge; fools despise wisdom and instruction. \
3. 3 yes, if you call out for insight and raise your voice for understanding, 4 if you seek it like silver and search for it as for hidden treasures, 5 then you will understand the fear of the Lord and find the _____ of God.
4. 6 For the Lord gives wisdom; from his mouth come knowledge and understanding; 7 he stores up sound wisdom for the upright; he is a shield to those who walk in integrity, 8 guarding the paths of justice and watching over the way of his ____.
c. wise men
5. 9 Then you will understand righteousness and justice and equity, every good path; 10 for wisdom will come into your ____ and knowledge will be pleasant to your soul; 11 discretion will watch over you, understanding will guard you,
6. 5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own _____. 6 In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.
7. 13 Blessed is the one who finds wisdom, and the one who gets ____, 14 for the gain from her is better than gain from silver and her profit better than gold.
a. God's gold
c. worldly wealth