Ecclesiastes 5-8, ERV
1. 18 I have seen what is best for people to do on earth: They should _______ during their short time here. God has given them these few days, and that is all they have.
a. pray and worship
b. eat, drink, and enjoy the work they have
c. love each other and help carry each others' burdens
2. 19 If God gives some people wealth, property, and the power to enjoy those things, they should _____.
a. enjoy them
b. give them to the poor
c. give them to the saints
3. The day someone dies is _____ than the day they were born.
4. 8 It is better to _____ something than to start it.
a. help with
5. 10 Don't say, "Life was better in the 'good old days.' What happened?"_______ does not lead us to ask that question.
a. The common sense we were born with
6. Even God's followers will do some good things and some ____ things. 19-20 Surely there is no one on earth who always does good and never sins. But wisdom can make one person stronger than ten leaders in a city.
7. 21 Don't listen to everything people say. You might hear your own servant saying bad things about you. 22 And you know that many times _____ have said bad things about other people.
b. you too
8. No one can understand and _____ the way wise people can. Their wisdom makes them happy. It changes a sad face into a happy one.
a. explain things