Find a church in your location
or submit your church. :
Genesis 38-40, ESV (8 questions)
1. Which of the 12 sons of Jacob (the 12 tribes of Israel) did Jesus Christ come from? Use link to genealogy chart below: GENEALOGY CHART
2. 2 There Judah saw the daughter of a certain ________ whose name was Shua. He took her and went in to her, 3 and she conceived and bore a son, and he called his name Er.
3. 6 And Judah _____ Er his firstborn, and her name was Tamar.
a. did not like the wife of
b. loved the wife of
c. took a wife for
4.What happened to both of Tamar's husband's, Er and his brother Onan?
a. they each begot children by Tamar
b. they were both killed by the Lord
c. they mysteriously disappeared
5. 13 And when Tamar was told, "Your father-in-law is going up to Timnah to shear his sheep," 14 she took off her ______ and covered herself with a veil, wrapping herself up, and sat at the entrance to Enaim, which is on the road to Timnah.
a. prostitute's garments
b. widow's garments
c. temple garments
6. 15 When Judah saw her, he thought she was a prostitute, for she had _______. 16 He turned to her at the roadside and said, "Come, let me come in to you," for he did not know that she was his daughter-in-law.
a. on earrings and necklaces and braided hair
b. on a short satin robe
c. covered her face
7. After Judah found out that the prostitute he had sex with was Tamar, what did he do? (26 Then Judah identified them and said, "She is more righteous than I, since I did not give her to my son Shelah." And he _______.
a. married her
b. did not know her again
c. fell in love with her
8. Of the twins that Tamar gave birth to, which one is the ancestor of Jesus?
a. Perez (aka: Pharez)
If you find errors in the quizzes
please contact us; corrections will
be made the same day. Thank you
for your help in perfecting the
quizzes. We apologize for any errors.
Bible Reading Plan (Date Order)
This quiz has been checked
for accuracy by Ron Crowe