1. God said to Jacob, "Arise, go up to Bethel and dwell there. Make an altar there to _____."
c. the God who appeared to you when you fled from your brother Esau
2. 9 God appeared to Jacob again, when he came from Paddan-aram, and blessed him. 10 And God said to him, "Your name is Jacob; no longer shall your name be called Jacob, but ______ shall be your name." So he called his name _____.
Gen 35:9-10, ESV
3. 11 And God said to him, "I am God _____: be fruitful and multiply. A nation and a company of nations shall come from you, and kings shall come from your own body.
Gen 35:11, ESV
a. Who Sees
b. Almighty (El Shaddai)
c. I am
4. 12 The land that I gave to _________ I will give to you, and I will give the land to your offspring after you.
Gen 35:12, ESV
a. the Canaanites
b. the Edomites
c. Abraham and Isaac
5. 22 While Israel lived in that land, Reuben went and lay with Bilhah his father's concubine. And Israel heard of it.
1 Cor 5:1-5, what does it say should be done to someone who does what Reuben did?)
a. he should be killed
b. he should be forgiven
c. he should be turned over to Satan so that he can be saved
6. 22 While Israel lived in that land, Reuben went and lay with Bilhah his father's concubine. And Israel heard of it. Now the sons of Jacob were ______.
Gen 35:22, ESV
7. Was Isaac still alive when Jacob returned to Canaan?
Gen 35:27-29 , ESV
(27 And Jacob came to his father Isaac at Mamre, or Kiriath-arba (that is, Hebron), where Abraham and Isaac had sojourned. 28 Now the days of Isaac were 180 years. 29 And Isaac breathed his last, and he died and was gathered to his people, old and full of days. And his sons Esau and Jacob buried him.)
a. Yes, he was still alive, and when he died Esau and Jacob buried him.
b. No, Isaac had died soon after Jacob left to go to Laban's house, 20 years ago
c. The bible doesn't say.
8. Why did Esau take all of his family and everything he had and move to Seir?
Gen 36:6-8, ESV
a. there was not enough land to support all of the livestock that Esau and Jacob had together
b. because Esau liked living in the wilderness
c. because God didn't want Esau to live in the promised land