Find a church in your location
or submit your church. :
Genesis 25-26,ESV (9 questions)
1. 5 Abraham gave all he had to ______. 6 But to the sons of his concubines Abraham gave gifts, and while he was still living he sent them away from his son ______, eastward to the east country.
2. 21 And Isaac prayed to the Lord for his wife, because she was barren. And the Lord granted his prayer, and Rebekah his wife conceived. 22 The children struggled together within her, and she said, "If it is thus, why is this happening to me?" So she went to inquire of the Lord. 23 And the Lord said to her,"Two ______ are in your womb, and two peoples from within you shall be divided; the one shall be stronger than the other, the older shall serve the younger."
3. 25 The first came out red, all his body like a hairy cloak, so they called his name Esau.
(What does the Hebrew name "Esau" mean? -Use your concordance)
c. red and hairy
4. Jacob was born last while holding onto Esau's heel. The name Jacob means "heel-holder," or "supplanter." What does "supplanter" mean? (26 Afterward his brother came out with his hand holding Esau's heel, so his name was called Jacob. Isaac was sixty years old when she bore them.
a. taking the place of another
b. planter of many fields
5. In Gen 25:30, why was Esau called "Edom," a word meaning red? (29 Once when Jacob was cooking stew, Esau came in from the field, and he was exhausted. 30 And Esau said to Jacob, "Let me eat some of that red stew, for I am exhausted!" (Therefore his name was called Edom.)
a. because Esau had red skin
b. because Esau asked Jacob to give him some of his red soup
c. because Esau was red with anger
6. 31 Jacob said, "Sell me your ______ now." 32 Esau said, "I am about to die; of what use is a _____ to me?" 33 Jacob said, "Swear to me now." So he swore to him and sold his ______ to Jacob. 34 Then Jacob gave Esau bread and lentil stew, and he ate and drank and rose and went his way. Thus Esau despised his ______.
b. hairy coat
c. red bowl
7. 6 So Isaac settled in ______. 7 When the men of the place asked him about his wife, he said, "She is my sister," for he feared to say, "My wife," thinking, "lest the men of the place should kill me because of Rebekah," because she was attractive in appearance.
8. 12 And Isaac sowed in that land and reaped in the same year a hundredfold. The Lord blessed him, 13 and the man became rich, and gained more and more until he became very wealthy. 14 He had possessions of flocks and herds and many servants, so that the Philistines _____ him. 15 (Now the Philistines had stopped and filled with earth all the wells that his father's servants had dug in the days of Abraham his father.) 16 And Abimelech said to Isaac, "Go away from us, for you are much mightier than we."
a. wanted to learn from
b. wanted to destroy
9. 26 When Abimelech went to him from Gerar with Ahuzzath his adviser and Phicol the commander of his army, 27 Isaac said to them, "Why have you come to me, seeing that you hate me and have sent me away from you?" 28 They said, "We see plainly that the Lord has been with you. So we said, let there be a sworn pact between us, between you and us, and let us make a covenant with you, 29 that you will ________, just as we have not touched you and have done to you nothing but good and have sent you away in peace. You are now the blessed of the Lord."
a. give us a portion of all that God has given to you
b. do us no harm
If you find errors in the quizzes
please contact us; corrections will
be made the same day. Thank you
for your help in perfecting the
quizzes. We apologize for any errors.
Bible Reading Plan (Date Order)
This quiz has been checked
for accuracy by Tia Graff