1. 6 ________ became very upset. (______ son of Nun and _______ son of Jephunneh were two of the men who explored the land.) 7 These two men said to all the Israelites gathered there, "The land that we saw is very good. 8 It is a land filled with many good things. If the Lord is pleased with us, he will lead us into that land. And he will give that land to us. 9 So don't turn against the Lord! Don't be afraid of the people in that land. We can defeat them. They have no protection, nothing to keep them safe. But we have the Lord with us, so don't be afraid!"
a. Moses and Aaron
b. Joshua and Caleb
2. 10 All the people began talking about (1)________ Joshua and Caleb with (2)__________. But the Glory of the Lord appeared over the Meeting Tent where all the people could see it.
a. (1)honoring, (2)a feast
b. (1)killing, (2)stones
c. (1)banishing, (2)decrees
3. 12 I will kill them all with a terrible ______. I will destroy them, and I will use you to make another nation. Your nation will be greater and stronger than these people."
4. 21 But I tell you the truth. As surely as I live and as surely as the Glory of the Lord fills the whole earth, I make you this promise: 22 ______________. They saw my glory and the great signs that I did in Egypt and in the desert. But they disobeyed me and tested me ten times. 23 I promised their ancestors that I would give them that land. But none of those people who turned against me will ever enter that land! 24 But my servant Caleb was different. He follows me completely. So I will bring him into the land that he has already seen, and his people will get that land.
30 So none of you will ever enter and live in the land that I promised to give you. Only Caleb son of Jephunneh and Joshua son of Nun will enter that land.
a. You will not see the land of Canaan for 40 years
b. None of the people I led out of Egypt will ever see the land of Canaan
5. 34 For ____ years you will suffer for your sins. (That is one year for each of the ____ days that the men explored the land.) You will know that it is a terrible thing for me to be against you.'
6. 37 The men were responsible for spreading the trouble among the Israelites.
So the Lord caused a _______ to kill all those men.
7. 44 But the people did not believe Moses. They went toward the high hill country. But Moses and the ______________ did not go with the people.
a. Box of the Lord's Agreement
c. the tabernacle