Hebrews 7-10, ERV
1. For this Melchizedek, king of Salem, priest of the Most High God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings and blessed him, 2 to whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all, first being translated "king of _______,"
2. and then also king of Salem, meaning "king of _______,"
3. 3 without father, without mother, without genealogy, having neither beginning of days nor end of life, but made like the Son of God, remains _____ continually.
a. an angel
b. a priest
c. a spirit
4.12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law. 13 For He of whom these things are spoken belongs to another tribe, from which no man has officiated at the ______.
b. temple built with hands
5. 18 For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment because of its weakness and unprofitableness, 19 for the law made nothing ______; on the other hand, there is the bringing in of a better hope, through which we draw near to God.
6. He is also able to save to the uttermost those who come to God through ____, since He always lives to make intercession for them.
a. the commandments
b. the law
7. 26 For such a High Priest was fitting for us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and has become higher than the heavens; 27 who does not need ____, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifices, first for His own sins and then for the people's, for this He did once for all when He offered up Himself.
a. to serve at the altar
b. to serve at the cross
8. the worshipers, once purified, would have had no more ______ of sins.