Isaiah 54-58, ERV
1. 5 For your Maker is your ______, the Lord of hosts is his name;
2. and the Holy One of Israel is your _____, the God of the whole earth he is called.
3. 8 In overflowing anger for a moment I hid my face from you, but with ____ love I will have compassion on you," says the Lord, your Redeemer.
4. 9 "This is like the days of Noah to me: as I swore that the waters of Noah should no more go over the earth, so I have sworn that I will not be angry with you, and will not ___ you.
c. hold your sins against
5. 11 "O afflicted one, storm-tossed and not comforted, behold, I will set your ____ in antimony, and lay your foundations with sapphires.
6. 13 All your children shall be taught by the ____, and great shall be the peace of your children.
7. 14 In righteousness you shall be established; you shall be far from oppression, for you shall not fear; and from terror, for it shall ___.
a. come to pass
b. be easy to bear
c. not come near you
8. 17 no weapon that is fashioned against you shall succeed, and you shall ______ every tongue that rises against you in judgment. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord and their vindication from me, declares the Lord."
a. agree with
b. hold your silence against
9."Come, everyone who thirsts, come to the waters; and he who has no money, come, buy and eat! Come, buy wine and milk without money and without ____.
10. 2 Why do you _____ for that which is not bread, and your labor for that which does not satisfy? Listen diligently to me, and eat what is good, and delight yourselves in rich food.
b. work diligently
c. spend your money
11.3 Incline your ear, and come to me; hear, that ______; and I will make with you an everlasting covenant, my steadfast, sure love for David.
a. you may become knowledgeable
b. your soul may live
12. 7 let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts; let him return to the Lord, that he may have compassion on him, and to our God, for he will ____.
a. forgive those who repent
b. abundantly pardon
c. always hear and help you
13.8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord. 9 For as the heavens are ____ than the earth, so are my ways ____ than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.
14. 11 so shall my word be that goes out from my mouth; it shall not return to me empty, but it shall accomplish that which I purpose, and shall ______ the thing for which I sent it.
a. serve its purpose for
b. succeed in
c. turn away from
15.17 Because of the iniquity of his unjust gain I was angry, I struck him; I hid my face and was angry, but he went on backsliding in the way of his own heart. 18 I have seen his ways, but I will ____ him; I will lead him and restore comfort to him and his mourners,
16. 6 "Is not this the fast that I choose: to loose the bonds of wickedness, to undo the straps of the yoke, to let the oppressed go free, and to break every ______?
17.If you take away the yoke from your midst, the _____, and speaking wickedness, 10 if you pour yourself out for the hungry and satisfy the desire of the afflicted, then shall your light rise in the darkness and your gloom be as the noonday. 11 And the Lord will guide you continually and satisfy your desire in scorched places and make your bones strong; and you shall be like a watered garden, like a spring of water, whose waters do not fail.
a. judging attitude
b. condemning words
c. pointing of the finger