2 Kings 15-17, ERV
1.16 Menahem defeated Tiphsah and the area around it. The people refused to open the city gate for him. So Menahem defeated them and ______ all the pregnant women in that city.
2 Kings 15:16, ERV
b. ripped open
c. took with him
2. 19 King Pul of Assyria came to fight against Israel. Menahem gave Pul 75,000 pounds of silver so that Pul would support him and help him gain complete control of the kingdom. 20 Menahem raised the money by making all the _____men pay taxes. He taxed each man 20 ounces of silver and gave the money to the king of Assyria. So the king of Assyria left and did not stay there in Israel.
2 Kings 15:19-20,ERV
b. rich and powerful
c. old and young
3. 34 Jotham did what the Lord said was right, just as his father Uzziah had done. 35 But he did not ______.
2 Kings 15:34-35,ERV
a. help the poor
b. destroy the high places
c. burn incense before the Lord
4. 7 Ahaz sent messengers to King Tiglath Pileser of Assyria with this message: "I am your servant. I am like a son to you. Come and save me from the king of Aram and the king of _____. They have come to fight me." 8 Ahaz also took the silver and gold that was in the Temple of the Lord and in the treasuries of the king's palace. Then Ahaz sent a gift to the king of Assyria. 9 The king of Assyria listened to Ahaz and went to fight against Damascus. The king captured that city and took the people from Damascus as prisoners to Kir. He also killed Rezin.
2 Kings 16:7-9,ERV
5. 6 The king of ______ took Samaria during the ninth year that Hoshea was king of Israel. He captured many Israelites and took them as prisoners to Assyria. He made them live in Halah by the Habor River at Gozan and in other cities of the Medes.
2 Kings 17:6,ERV
6. 18 So the Lord became very angry with ____ and removed them from his sight. There were no Israelites left, except the tribe of Judah.
2 Kings 17:18,ERV
7. 19 But even the people of Judah did not obey the commands of the Lord their God. They lived just as the Israelites had.20 The Lord rejected all the Israelites. He brought them many troubles. He let people destroy them. Finally, he threw them away and removed them from his sight. 21 He tore them from the family of David, and they made Jeroboam son of Nebat their king. Jeroboam _______.
2 Kings 17:19-21,ERV
a. reunited the Israelites together with the Lord
b. pulled the Israelites away from following the Lord
8. 23...the Lord took Israel away from his sight. And he said this would happen. He sent his prophets to tell the people this would happen. So the Israelites were taken out of their country into ______. And they have been there to this day.
2 Kings 17:23,ERV
9. Who were Succoth Benoth, Nergal, Tartak, Adrammelech, and Anammelech?
2 Kings 17:29-32,ERV
a. false gods who the foreigners living in Israel worshiped while also worshiping the Lord
b. false gods who the foreigners living in Israel worshiped "instead of" worshiping the Lord