Now Naboth the Jezreelite had a vineyard in Jezreel, beside the palace of Ahab king of Samaria. 2 And after this Ahab said to Naboth, "Give me your vineyard, that I may have it for a vegetable garden, because it is near my house, and I will give you a better vineyard for it; or, if it seems good to you, I will give you ____________."
1 Kings 21:1-2 ESV
a. 10 wives for it
b. 10 goats for it
c. its value in money
2. Use your concordance to find which of the following describes Samaria:
1 Kings 21:1, Strongs
(Now Naboth the Jezreelite had a vineyard in Jezreel, beside the palace of Ahab king of SAMARIA.)
a. the region of the northern kingdom of the 10 tribes of Israel
b. the capital city of the northern kingdom of Israel
c. Watch Mountain
d. 30 miles north of Jerusalem; 6 miles NW of Shechem
e. all of the above
3. 3 But Naboth said to Ahab, "_____________________."
1 Kings 21:3, ESV
a. I will give it to you if you give me your palace
b. The Lord forbid that I should give you the inheritance of my fathers
c. I will sell it to you for a price. How much can you pay?
5. 8 So she wrote letters in Ahab's name and sealed them with his seal, and she sent the letters to the elders and the leaders who lived with Naboth in his city. 9 And she wrote in the letters, "Proclaim a fast, and set Naboth at the head of the people. 10 And set two worthless men opposite him, and let them bring a charge against him, saying, 'You have___________.' Then take him out and stone him to death."
-1 Kings 21:8-10 ESV
a. cursed God and the king
b. gone back on your promise to give Ahab your vineyard
c. been seen working on the Sabbath
6. 15 As soon as Jezebel heard that Naboth had been stoned and was dead, Jezebel said to Ahab, "Arise, take possession of the vineyard of Naboth the Jezreelite, which he refused to give you for money, for Naboth is not alive, but dead." 16 And as soon as Ahab heard that Naboth was dead, Ahab arose ___________.
-1 Kings 21:15-16, ESV
a. and tore his clothes, put ashes on his head, and mourned for Nahab for 40 days
b. to go down to the vineyard of Naboth the Jezreelite, to take possession of it
c. and killed Jezebel
7. For three years Syria and Israel continued without war. Where/what was Syria?
-1 Kings 22:1, ESV
a. The name of the place where the Arameans lived
b. The nation of Aram
c. The descendants of Aram, the 5th son of Shem
d. all of the above
8. The genealogy of the Israelites is traced back to which one of Shem's 5 sons? ( Use the
9. Which tribe was "Gilead" from?
10. 4 And he said to Jehoshaphat, "Will you go with me to battle at Ramoth-gilead?" And Jehoshaphat said to the king of Israel, "I am as you are, __________."
-1 King 22:4 ESV
a. my people would disown me if they knew but I will go with you
b. my people as your people, my horses as your horses
c. my people would want me to help you fight this battle
11. 5 And Jehoshaphat said to the king of Israel, "__________." 6 Then the king of Israel gathered the prophets together, about four hundred men, and said to them, "Shall I go to battle against Ramoth-gilead, or shall I refrain?" And they said, "Go up, for the Lord will give it into the hand of the king."
-1 Kings 22:5-6 ESV
a. Inquire of the town medium to see what the result will be when we go to war
b. Inquire of your servants to see if they are ready
c. Inquire first for the word of the Lord
12. 19 And Micaiah said, "Therefore hear the word of the Lord: I saw the Lord sitting on his throne, and all the host of heaven standing beside him on his right hand and on his left; 20 and the Lord said, 'Who will entice Ahab, that he may go up and fall at Ramoth-gilead?' And one said one thing, and another said another. 21 Then a spirit came forward and stood before the Lord, saying, 'I will entice him.' 22 And the Lord said to him, 'By what means?' And he said, 'I will go out, and will be a _____ spirit in the mouth of all his prophets.' And he said, 'You are to entice him, and you shall succeed; go out and do so.' 23 Now therefore behold, the Lord has put a ____ spirit in the mouth of all these your prophets; the Lord has declared disaster for you."
-1 Kings 22:19-23 ESV
13. 26 And the king of Israel said, "Seize Micaiah, and take him back to Amon the governor of the city and to Joash the king's son, 27 and say, 'Thus says the king, "Put this fellow in prison and feed him meager rations of bread and water, until I come in peace." 28 And Micaiah said, "If you return in peace, _______." And he said, "Hear, all you peoples!"
-1 Kings 22:26-28 ESV
a. please kill me
b. the Lord has not spoken by me
c. I will be ashamed for lying to you
14. 40 So Ahab slept with his fathers, and _______ reigned in his place.
-1 Kings 22:40 ESV
a. Ahaziah his son