Genesis 1-3, ESV (16 questions)
1. 14 And God said, "Let there be lights in the expanse of the heavens to separate the day from the night. And let them be for _____ and for seasons, and for days and years,
-Gen 1:14 ESV
2. 8 And the Lord God planted a garden in Eden, in the _________, and there he put the man whom he had formed.
-Gen 2:8 ESV
3. 9 And out of the ground the Lord God made to spring up every tree that is pleasant to the sight and good for food. The tree of life was in the midst of the garden, and the tree of the __________ of good and evil.
-Gen 2:9 ESV
4. 10 A river flowed out of Eden to water the garden, and there it divided and became ________ rivers.
-Gen 2:10 ESV
5. 11 The name of the first is the Pishon. It is the one that flowed around the whole land of Havilah, where there is _________.
-Gen 2:11, ESV
6. 12 And the gold of that land is good; bdellium and _______ stone are there.
-Gen 2:12, ESV
7. 13 The name of the second river is the ________. It is the one that flowed around the whole land of Cush.
-Gen 2:13, ESV
8. 14 And the name of the third river is the _________, which flows east of Assyria. And the fourth river is the Euphrates.
Gen 2:14, ESV
9. 14 And the name of the third river is the Tigris, which flows east of Assyria. And the fourth river is the __________.
-Gen 2:14, ESV
10. 15 The Lord God took the man and put him in the garden of Eden to _______ it and keep it.
-Gen 2:15, ESV
11. 6 So when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was a delight to the eyes, and that the tree was to be desired to make one wise, she took of its fruit and ate, and she also gave some to her husband who was with her, and he ate. 7 Then the eyes of both were opened, and they knew that they were _________. And they sewed fig leaves together and made themselves loincloths.
-Gen 3:6-7, ESV
c. going to be punished
12. 9 But the Lord God called to the man and said to him, "Where are you?" 10 And he said, "I heard the sound of you in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked, and I hid myself." 11 He said, "Who told you that you were _______? Have you eaten of the tree of which I commanded you not to eat?"
-Gen 3:9-11, ESV
13. 15 I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her _________; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heel.
-Gen 3:15, ESV
14. 14 The Lord God said to the serpent, "Because you have done this, cursed are you above all livestock and above all beasts of the field; on your belly you shall go, and ________ you shall eat all the days of your life.
-Gen 3:14, ESV
15. 16 To the woman he said, "I will surely multiply your pain in childbearing; in pain you shall bring forth children. Your _________ shall be for your husband, and he shall rule over you."
-Gen 3:16, ESV
16. 22 Then the Lord God said, "Behold, the man has become like one of us in knowing good and evil. Now, lest he reach out his hand and take also of the tree of life and eat, and live forever" 23 therefore the Lord God sent him out from the garden of Eden to work the ground from which he was taken. 24 He drove out the man, and at the east of the garden of Eden he placed the cherubim and a flaming sword that turned every way to guard the way to the _______.
-Gen 3:22-24, ESV
a. garden of Eden
b. tree of knowledge of good and evil
c. tree of life